Hello Everyone, This is my first time posting here. I would like to share some of the modifications I am working on. I have a Grizzly G 0519 Mill (RF-45 Clone). I converted it to CNC a few years ago. I started developing a belt drive conversion and power draw bar. I tracked down the manufacturer for Tormach's air cylinder they use for their power draw bars. I also found the manufacturer of the 3hp brush less dc motors found on automation technologies. I am using the 400-6000 rpm motor. The pulleys I started out with are 4 inch and 2.5 inch on the spindle and 3 inch and 2 inch on the motor.

When I assembled the motor and pulleys I ran into some problems. I hadn't looked at belt lengths yet because i needed it assembled in order to measure what length I needed. Once measured I looked at the belts on mcmaster and found out that the 1/2" belt I planned on using was rated for 2.5" pulley minimum diameter. I also could only get a 20" belt locally (I live in Alaska). So I flipped the motor pulley around and have I set up with the 3" driving the 4" in order to get the mill running again. I plan on cutting new pulleys for both the spindle and the motor. Motor pulley will be 3" and 3.5" and spindle will be 4" and 3". This should be much closer in belt lengths for changing from Low range to High range. And the belt will be happier not going around a 2" pulley. I figure the spindle speeds will be low rage 200rpm to 3000rpm and high range 600 rpm to 9000 rpm. So far in testing I am very pleased with the drive motor.

Here are some pictures of the progress.

Rong Fu 45 Clone Modifications-img_2263-jpg
Rong Fu 45 Clone Modifications-img_2264-jpg
Rong Fu 45 Clone Modifications-img_2265-jpg