New Machine Build Looking to pull the CNC conversion trigger - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Looking to pull the CNC conversion trigger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking to pull the CNC conversion trigger

I put together what I thought could be my flood coolant setup. The PM-45 came with a 2-3ish gallon tank and 220v pump that I thought I could repurpose. Taking that and my kids sand bucket (I haven't broken the news to her yet) and a 17 gallon storage tote, I came up with the following. The pump seems to flow quite a bit of fluid but not so much pressure. Adding the water filter seemed to choke things down so I'm not as happy with the system.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

You would probably need a lot more pressure to get past that filter. That is a high pressure household filter. No need for such a filter in the system. My new Haas Mini mill just has a screen strainer. It gets the chunks.
    Something like these.
    https://www.grainger.com/product/6UJ...Also_Purchased

Here is the one for the Haas.
    FILTER, COOLANT ELEMENT FOR 58-3060 | Filters | Standard Coolant | Coolant Systems | Find Replacement Parts | Haas Parts | Genuine OEM Haas Automation® Parts Factory-Direct

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had a feeling it may be restrictive, even being 25 micron. Definitely not running the same pressure household water would be. I'll look to switch to that next.

The green bucket has holes drilled halfway up-- hoping to catch chips in there, and then the tote has grooves in the bottom that could catch more chips and sediment. I'm thinking maybe I should just pull the filter all together.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910