Some of My PM45M-PDF Mods - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of My PM45M-PDF Mods

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Some of My PM45M-PDF Mods

Quote Originally Posted by j3dprints View Post
    Where do you shim an rf 45 clone to adjust the nod? I mean the difference in angle between the spindle and the fixed column slide (A1 in sketch).

I understand you shim the base to adjust the difference in nod between the fixed column and the table (A2 in sketch), but there are two angles that require adjustment .

Do you know what I mean? I did a sketch to show what I'm talking about. Angle A1 and A2 I mention above are shown. It's adjusting A1 that has me beat.

https://ibb.co/nrzBy5
    I shim the base of the column to fix "A2" FIRST, and once that is perpendicular to the table I shim the head at the joint where the head's tram is adjusted to fix "A1".

One of these days I'll get around to actually scraping them true, but i have not had any issues so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CS900 View Post
    I shim the base of the column to fix "A2" FIRST, and once that is perpendicular to the table I shim the head at the joint where the head's tram is adjusted to fix "A1".

One of these days I'll get around to actually scraping them true, but i have not had any issues so far.
    Thanks yep I figured I would also do it at the tram adjust point.

How do you insert the trim? Tonight I just loosened the bolts and stuck a 0.010" brass piece in the top. It seemed to improve the nod backwards, making it nod forward slightly. Like, I slid in a giant rectangle down into the gap until it hit something (8 inches long, about the diameter of the circular tram adjust point) and tightened up the bolts. I am thinking the best way to do it would be a stepped fashion. I'm not sure how far to insert the brass though.

Pic, showcasing my incredible drawing skills: https://ibb.co/f5MQrQ

I am not sure why you'd adjust A1 first as any measuring method I can think of also adds A2. I check A2 using the "RDM" method from Hossmachine and after I fix it tomorrow I'll shim the base to fix "A1".

Also, should I clean the mating surfaces where the tramming is done? I'm thinking of spraying some degreaser down there, followed by a light lubricant.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to rip off your LED lights for my WM-30 mill. Where did you source the LED ring lights from?

BTW: That is some fantastic work. CNC or not you make some very nice parts!

CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by photomankc View Post
    I would love to rip off your LED lights for my WM-30 mill. Where did you source the LED ring lights from?

BTW: That is some fantastic work. CNC or not you make some very nice parts!
    Thanks. I don't mind of course, it wasn't originally my idea anyway. I purchased mine from ebay seller three-tech. There are a lot of other sellers on ebay though & might be cheaper now. Search for "angel eye" or "halo ring". There's even new style rings now with COB LEDs (chip on board). Another vendor is SuperBrightLEDs.com.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12