Help with software types please

Thread: Help with software types please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with software types please

Hi Guys,

I havent used my laser for about a year and due to a PC upgrade, ive lost the software.
    I installed RDworks, but it only saves as file typ *.RLD, but i need they type *.RD

is anyone able to tell me what software i need to use for RD filetypes? or am i getting something wrong?

The reason i think i need ther RD type is becasue, 1. the laser wont recognise any files on the USB stick that are RLD,
    and 2. when i save an old file off the laser on to the USB stick and go look at it on the PC, the type is RD, and also RDworks wont open it. (but it works on the laser)

any help or ideas would be appreciated , thanks,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with software types please

Change the file extension from RLD to RD and vise-versa and see what happens.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Change the file extension from RLD to RD and vise-versa and see what happens.

Hi Jim,
    thanks for the reply I already tried that one, not working unfortunately

and also if i rename the exported RD file to RDL and try open up in the software it says unsupported file type...

Downloads
    Uploads

You are confusing file types. .rld is the file type RDWorks saves when saving a file to your hard drive. .rd is the type of file RDWorks creates and then sends to the machine itself. The laser machine controller can only read .rd files. If you send the file via USB cable from your PC, you don't really see this process. If you tell RDWorks to save to a Udisk (USB stick) it will send and save the file to the USB stick. You then plug that into the machine and let the machine read it. If you have .rd files on a stick that you want to save to a PC, you have to download that from the stick within RDWorks to RDWorks and then save that to an .rld file from within RDWorks.

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)