Wiring order of Power Supply - Yellow, Blue, Red

Thread: Wiring order of Power Supply - Yellow, Blue, Red

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring order of Power Supply - Yellow, Blue, Red

Whenever anything goes wrong its not always a Bad thing but sometimes something that helps give you experience ( as long as it doesn't Blow up! lol )

Ordered a New Power Supply, very easy to swap over as there is just 2 Wires ( Power and Earth ) and then on the front there are two green plugs that plug straight into the supply, a 6 Wire Plug and a 3 Wire Plug. Well thats what you would think, seems this new Power Supply only had the 6 wire Plug and 3 terminals to connect the 3 wires to. Looking at the 3 Wire Plug and how it should go into the Power Supply I noted the order for the Wires, Yellow on the left, Blue in the centre and Red on the right. Now with it being a Power Supply for a Laser that has the correct fitting for the Power, and accepts the 6 Wire Plug, surely wouldn't these 3 wires follow the same order? Nope!!! After connecting everything and placing Masking Tape over the first Mirror, I turned the laser on and the Startup Pulse burnt through the masking take and proceeded to set alight to the tape, Now with the second Mirror, the beam wasn't hitting the mirror so i grabed a piece of A4 Paper and folded that and placed in front of the mirror ( while the laser was powered ) now normally when you do this nothing happens, this time the paper caught fire so the Laser Beam was ON and constantly running when it should have been off until I pressed Pulse. No Instructions or wiring diagram came with the Power Supply so by chance, has anyone successful wired a Power Supply to their Redsail Laser and tell me the wire order for the 3 wires?

I have attached an image showing the 3 Wire Green Plug and the order of Wire Colour on the original Power Supply.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring order of Power Supply - Yellow, Blue, Red-wiring-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring order of Power Supply - Yellow, Blue, Red

You really need to get the specific schematics for your particular power supply and your laser itself. Whomever sold them to you should be able to supply those for you. Otherwise, you are kind of throwing darts at a dartboard to find out what sticks.

FWIW, on my Redsail clone, far left yellow wire is the same but it then goes red and then blue (switching your red and blue).

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

The 6-pin-plug is signal wire connected with controller. The 3-pin-plug is power connection.

Below is our power supply picture. Wiring order of Power Supply - Yellow, Blue, Red-jpg

Best Regards

Emily Yan

Downloads
    Uploads

the further i look into this the more i understand i can't trust other power supplies to follow the same rules even when they have the green plugs which make you think everything is standard plug and play when their not. Waiting on wiring diagrams at the moment to try and solve what should have been a problem.