Request for configuration file

Thread: Request for configuration file

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Request for configuration file

I've posted in other locations of a problem with what I've now determined to be possibly a Redsail clone with an RDC 6442G controller. Due to my ignorance, the controller has been reset to factory default settings, turning it into a 300 x 500 with incorrect motor movement and who knows what else wrong. This unit is a 700 x 500, and I'm hoping to return it to that status.

If you own this sort of cutter and are using RDWorks, I'm requesting to have the configuration saved to a file and perhaps attached or emailed to me. Barring that method, a series of print-screen captures would work, but that would be somewhat tedious for the person providing the information.

Now that I've managed to establish communications with the controller and locate the specific information required, I'm more comfortable with expecting to get this to work more effectively than previously. I've requested the above information from the eBay seller, but I believe the seller is merely a middle-man and has limited resources with respect to the technical aspect of the cutter.

Thanks for your consideration

fred

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Request for configuration file

Have you gone through Russ Sadler’s tutorials on Youtube as SarbarMultimedia? He addressed this exact issue in one of his tutorials.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Request for configuration file

I have been viewing Russ' videos, as many as I can stuff into a day, along with other obligations. It's amazing how much useful and valuable information he's providing. I've learned some things I didn't know I needed to learn, probably saving me much grief later.
    With regards to this problem, it's been solved by a forum user sending me the configuration file specific to this machine. I'd have no way of determining that my laser parameters were correct, as they were also reset by my ignorant actions.

The initial problem, a failed limit sensor has also been resolved.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would you mind sending me this file as well? We have a redsail clone, with the same controller and same cutting area. I'd love to try that to see if we can get this operational again. Our X-axis is suddenly inverted, and our build area was cut in half. We think someone reset the unit.

Thank you in advance Fred_dot_u!

edit: spelling, what's sleep all about anyways?