Redsail X700 - newbie advice

Thread: Redsail X700 - newbie advice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Redsail X700 - newbie advice

Hi all

I have a new X700 100W Laser with a Topwisdom TL403CB, it's all set up and laser aligned and ready to use. I have a CNC and 3D printer so familiar with CAD/CAM/GCode etc.

Some newbie questions:

- Do I have to use the autolaser software generate output file for the X700, and are there any alternatives?
    - What is the format/output of autolaser? Is it GCode or similar I can hand modify?
    - Seems that latest versions of corel (need for Windows 10) aren't compatible with the autolaser plugin. I see in the forums exporting from Corel as DXF and Inporting work well? Just checking if there is any other approach?
    - It would FANTASTIC to see a video of someone using Autolaser or something else to generate an output for the X700. I can't see anything in yotube though?

Andrew
    apspurgeon@gmail.com