Newbie RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%

Thread: RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%

After lots of playing I finally have gotten my Notebook Computer to send through anything I draw in the AutoLaser Software that came with the machine. The Tube is a RECI Brand and says 100w on the Label. It is suppose to have an Autofocus but I don't know where or what I would be looking for to find this.

Problem is I set the Circle on "Cut" and gave it 100% Power and it produced a thin black circle that didn't cut into the 12mm MDF
    I then tried to slow the cut down to 5mm per second and it produced a much wider line but again it didn't cut into the surface.

Thanks in Advance for any help

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%-screen-jpg   RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%-circle-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%

I have also tried to Lower the Platform without any change

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RedSail X900 not cutting

Really Frustrating trying to find the answer, I have contacted the Seller, Contacted RedSail in Australia and in China and no one can tell me why.

China suggested that I reduce the Power down to 65% saying I should never run at 100% ( 100w Tube )
    So I drew a Square in the Software ( AutoLaser ) and set the Power at 65% with a Speed of 20mm/Sec per their recommendations and the attached is what I achieved, a Square cut around half a millimetre into the MDF
    I have checked the Mirror Allignment and all was close to centred.

RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%-autolaser-settings-jpg
    RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%-laser-settings-screen-jpg
    RedSail X900 not cutting on 100%-results-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know the characteristics of MDF yet. Haven't cut it myself with my x700. However, based on your burn width, it looks like it may be a focal issue. On the number pad of the machine there's a period (under the CL button). That's actually the autofocus. Get your material under the laser head and press that. It will bring the bed up until a nub touches the material and then the material will lower to the right focal point. I've played around with mine a lot and it seems to be pretty accurate for the focal point.

If that still doesn't do it you may need a different lens. My x700 shipped a 2" (52mm) lens. If yours came with the same then you could try getting a 1.5" lens and throw that in there. That will increase your cutting ability.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey
    Sorry to chime in here, but im having the same issue with my X900
    mine never cuts through, even with cardboard, im at a loss wondering if its the powersupply, tube... ect
    i have never heard about a potentially bad lense, how would one go about even replacing it on the laser?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RabidWombat View Post
    I don't know the characteristics of MDF yet. Haven't cut it myself with my x700. However, based on your burn width, it looks like it may be a focal issue. On the number pad of the machine there's a period (under the CL button). That's actually the autofocus. Get your material under the laser head and press that. It will bring the bed up until a nub touches the material and then the material will lower to the right focal point. I've played around with mine a lot and it seems to be pretty accurate for the focal point.

If that still doesn't do it you may need a different lens. My x700 shipped a 2" (52mm) lens. If yours came with the same then you could try getting a 1.5" lens and throw that in there. That will increase your cutting ability.
    Hmmm I'm sitting here and getting quite nervous because I have just ordered a M900 But there are maybe on thing I can help you with:
    As far as I know, you can't use Autofocus on the X900 because it have a manual Z-axis. To be able to use autofocus, it has to be a motorized Z-axis. That I what they told me at Redsail. And it makes sense because setting the focus is adjust the distance from the Laser head to the object. And because the laser head can't automatically move up and down, then the only way to do it is to move the Work platform up or down. I actually saw a video how it worked, and there you could see that the table moved up until it was touching the laser head and after down again. I will see if I can find that video tomorrow and the post the link in here,
    Sorry about my bad English - English is not my first language, hope you understand anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dwagar View Post
    Hey
    Sorry to chime in here, but im having the same issue with my X900
    mine never cuts through, even with cardboard, im at a loss wondering if its the powersupply, tube... ect
    i have never heard about a potentially bad lense, how would one go about even replacing it on the laser?
    Hi Dwagar,
    What is the power of your X900 laser machine and which materisl ,how many thickness you want to cut ?