RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?

Thread: RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?

Hi guys,

Recently received my X700 60w machine from eBay, shipped out of Ontario California... to my dismay it is actually a 50w tube with "60w" peak written on it.

This laser cannot cut worth a damn. I mean, it just doesn't cut. It can etch all day long no problem... but when it is set to cut, at 100% power, 100% laser through power, and 5mm/s it can barely put a dent in the wood.

My gut tells me it is the power supply unit. There is a cheap label on it saying it is 110v, but the leads going into the unit make me think it is 220v because of how they are labeled. Anyone have any recommendations????? I am so lost. I must this machine with the purpose of cutting thin acrylic and thin wood... and I cannot even put a dent in the materials.

I also am working with the vendor on some type of reimbursement via eBay for clearly labeling this machine as a true 60w laser...

Edit: There is no external switch to change voltage either.

Pictures attached.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?-img_20150801_065827-jpg   RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?-img_20150801_065839-1-jpg   RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?-img_20150801_070717-1-jpg   RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?-img_20150731_215526-jpg  

RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?-img_20150731_055944-jpg  

Default Re: RedSail X700 60w not cutting, wrong power supply?

Hi dear.
    This is Anwaar from Redsail company and glad to speak with you.

How many thickness of wood you want to cut?

If you see this email ,please reply to me:sales09@redsailcutters.com
    My skype:redsail-anwar130313

Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Responded via email. Will post final results here for others to see.

Trdcelica,

I am sorry to tell you this, but I do not believe you have a red sail X700. As I look at your pics, the first thing that comes to mind is that there is no RedSail emblem on the front of your cutter. I have purchased two X700's directly from Redsail in China and both have a large RedSail emblem on the front. The second thing that comes to mind is that RedSail only produces 220V (single phase) cutters requiring a 110v to 220v step up transformer for use in the United States. Your unit shows a 110V HV PSU for the laser. This indicates that it is manufactured by someone other than RedSail. There are a couple of companies producing knock-offs of the RedSail engravers/cutters that imply that they are selling X700's when they are not. Third, look on the back of the of your unit near the convenience outlet, there should be a manufacturer plate that says who made the laser (i.e., RedSail or somebody else), the voltage, the unit Serial Number, etc. If you see something like lcjbdz.com as the manufacturer, then you did not buy a RedSail product. You would need to contact Icjbdz, for example, for support. Finally, The X700 60 Watt unit has a laser tube that is about 1200mm long. It requires an extenstion on the case of the unit to cover the longer 60w tube, and it does not appear that your unit has that.

All this being said, you may still have a unit that is acceptable. Keep in mind that most lasers are shipped with a 1.5 inch focal length laser head. The 1.5 inch head is optimized for engraving, not cutting. If you are going to do a lot of cutting, consider getting a 4 inch focal head, which is optimized for cutting. In addition, you need a good volume of air coming out of the laser head nozzle to aid in cutting. If you have received the typical aquarium air pump with your unit, you just do not have a enough compressed air coming out to aid cutting. My advice is to throw away the aquarium style pump and get a good quality compressor. Most cheap compressors are very loud. Look into the units from California Air Tools, they run at about 65db, which allows you to use the phone, have conversations etc. Finally, make sure your mirrors are spot on.

Hope this helps,

Rinconchuck

Hello Rinconchuck,
    Thanks for your support for Redsail laser machine X700.Now some one producing knock-offs of the RedSail engravers/cutters that imply that they are selling X700's when they are not .So some customers don't know the really Redsail laser and they tink Redsail laser with bad quality.

Hope more ane more peopler read your informations.

Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Te recomiendo que le chequee con un técnico electricista para saber como esta funcionando la fuente
    prueva cortar acrilico con 60% y 2mm/s
    suerte
    LEC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trdcelica - Did you work this out? I was thinking to buy the same machine. I understand it needs 220V and not 110V. I would be interested to know before buying! Thank you

Hello Maker2015,
    Have a nice day!

X700 laser machine with 220V ,so don't worry that!

May i knwo you email?I want to send more machine details to you before you buy.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Maker2015,
    Have a nice day!

X700 laser machine with 220V ,so don't worry that!

May i knwo you email?I want to send more machine details to you before you buy.

Thanks.

Dear maker2015,

I have purchased two X700's from RedSail. One was purchased in 2014 and one this year. I purchased both through CNCCheap, which is the sale arm of RedSail. Both were shipped to the United States directly from China. I have been very happy with both of my units and I am cutting 1/4 inch (6.4mm) plywood in a single pass. I have a 1.5 inch focal length on one for engraving and a 4 inch focal length on the other for cutting. If you don't have any experience with laser software, you will have a learning curve. I use the following software; Paintshop Pro 9, Corel Draw X4 and X9, and to control the laser, Lasermate ver. 5.2. Good Luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How thick can you cut with 4 inch lens. 60w