REDSAIL X700 software issue?

Thread: REDSAIL X700 software issue?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default REDSAIL X700 software issue?

I do a bit of laser cutting here and there and have a small Chinese laser which I can operate without issue. Last year I got the brilliant idea to invest in a new bigger laser and after purchasing it and paying the subsequent $2000 of import and freight fees I finally got it home. And I can't make it work.

We've been playing around with the x700 since December and nothing. I tried using the redsail laser cut software, it won't even open, it says it can't detect a link with the machine.

I tried easy cut, it won't import an AI file. If I draw a square in the program to test the machine it only cuts down not down across back up and across. We did a test on the machine and it said there were io input errors numbers 1,6,14,15,16.

Also when I try and cut the test square I get an error message saying 'outrange if continue.' The square is definately in the range it's in the very center of the machine! I read on another forum I should reduce the table size by .1mm and it should resolve this issue; has anyone else had the issue or tried that suggestion?

I am at a loss and am about ready to throw the thing to the curb for hard rubbish. The lovely people I purchased it from have not responded to any questions or emails can someone on here please help me if they are familiar with the machine or with these errors. Please. I have taken photos of the error messages if that helps.

I will do just about anything for someone to give me a quick tutorial on how to get this thing to run

Downloads
    Uploads

here are the 2 other photos

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails REDSAIL X700 software issue?-img_1053-jpg   REDSAIL X700 software issue?-img_1054-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: REDSAIL X700 software issue?

Hi Hanban,

I can try to help you. I got an X700 in early December myself and have worked through a bunch of kinks (Never used a laser engraver before this!) Let me try to address a few things: (Oh btw, I cannot see the photos you attached. Maybe it’s me, not sure though.)

1. How are you connecting to the machine? Via network cable or USB cord? I’d recommend using the network cable. I very quickly created files that had way too many vectors to transfer over the USB and it was timing out because the data transfer is too slow.

a. For USB, you need to connect the machine to your computer, select Com in the drop down in the upper left, select the correct Com Port in the drop down to the right (it should give you only one option). You may need to hit Search before or after selecting the Com port (sorry going off of memory here).

b. For the network cable there’s two things to consider.
    First, if you’re connecting your computer directly to the machine’s network port you will need to use the cable they provided. It’s a cross-over cable, which is not the same as your standard patch cable (which is a straight-through cable). If you’re connecting the machine to a small router or a switch(hub) you can use either cable.
    Second, you need to tell Autolaser which connection your using. In the Work tab, there’s a drop down for COM or Use Network. You need to change this drop down and then either change the IP of the machine or of your computer. If you need an explanation of the proper way to do this let me know and I can draw up something for you.

2. What software did it come with? Did it come with AutoLaser or something else? If it came with something other than AutoLaser it's probably not a RedSail and is a knock-off. (Toward the end of last year there were some knock-offs on Ebay. Mine has a big Redsail sticker on the Front left.)

a. You can download the latest version of AutoLaser here - http://topwisdom.com.cn/en/down.asp
    I think there’s been two or three software updates since I got my machine. The updates have made it more stable and faster, along with fixing a few things.

3. I can’t help you with Easy Cut other than to tell you that you will need to use the correct software. They are vendor (controller manufacturer) specific and you can’t use another product’s interface software.

4. The ‘outrange if continue’ error is most likely a software setting. It took a bit of trial and error on mine. I was getting that error, and also things I was printing were coming out mirrored. To fix it, I had to go into Mac Info (top right of AutoLaser) -> Format Param. Here, I had to set the Mac Reset Position to Right-Top and the Pitch Dot to the top right corner. Then I set the work starting position to Mechanical Origin. That fixed my software’s understanding of the left/right/top/bottom boundaries and fixed both my outrange error and the mirroring. (Mechanical Origin uses the origin that you set from the machine’s button panel instead of one of the corners.. which I find handy.)

5. Your comment: “The square is definitely in the range it's in the very center of the machine” is the same thing I was having. Auto laser doesn’t read the positioning correctly (or doesn’t relay it to the machine correctly). So even when I’d have something in the middle it would think it was on the edge and give me the Outrange error.

-R

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: REDSAIL X700 software issue?

Hello,

I have also just gotten my hands on a Redsail x700 (after a long time of searching), I am running into a lot of start up issues. Is there anyone that is willing to help share knowledge? I have a few questions... thank you, Justin. justinche99@gmail.com