Need Help! laser problem

Thread: laser problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default laser problem

Hello

I have a fault with my redsail 50w laser machine and that is i can't get any power to it? I have changed the power supply to a brand new one without any joy

can anyone tell me what else it could be?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: laser problem

anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you checked the small glass fuse that is inside the power in socket.
    I blew one and it took a lot of head scratching to work out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello CDFracing, did you solve your issue? I'm having the same issue as you did.

Are your soldered connections good? I had one end that I THOUGHT was good, but turned out was ever so slightly not so. It would result it sometimes the laser working, sometimes not. If I slammed the lid, it would work, so that told me I had a loose connection SOMEWHERE... eventually I ended up accidently touching one of the wires and noticed the solder turn, rather than being fused to the tube. I roughed it up as best I could with some COURSE sand paper, then cleaned with acetone, put as much heat on the tubes pin as I could with my iron and tinned it, then soldered the wire to it... and problem was solved.

Have you tried hitting the test button on the lasers power supply. It may be the connection between the supply and the controller, not the supply and the laser.

Troubleshooting 101, check your connections, is always worth double checking. I spent a day and a half troubleshooting a networking problem once, only to discover the network cable wasn't fully seated... after I'd been working as a software tester for 15 years. None of us are beyond the occasional brain fart.