Need Help! LCD just said 'system starting please wait', turned off and on, LCD not on anymore

Thread: LCD just said 'system starting please wait', turned off and on, LCD not on anymore

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LCD just said 'system starting please wait', turned off and on, LCD not on anymore

Hello,
    I have a laser cutter using the mpc6515 leetro board. The machine was running a job and just stopped half way. When I turned it back on the screen just said 'system starting please wait' and was stuck there.
    I thought if I reinstalled the firmware using the memory stick it would work again, however after doing this, turning it off and then on again there were no lights on the main board at all and the LCD no longer turned on.

Do think im going to need a new mpc6515 board and a new PAD03-e panel or do I just need a different firmware to install? or is it just the TOSHIBA ULN2803APG chips that need replacing?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kind of sorted out the problem completely over the past few days checking all the boards and cleaning everything...it turns out the main board was not connected completely to the board underneath it properly (vibrated itself out or something..? :s ) pushing that firmly in turned everything back on. All works fine now apart from the LCD screen is a little sketchy and doesnt display properly (sometimes just blocks of black instead of letters, other times the letters arent in the location they should be).
    So cleaning all the connectors helps a lot and also making sure that everything is firmly connected in place for whoever else discovers this thread with the same problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seemed to work for a day and now its back to its old tricks. The screen is stuck on 'System starting' again, this time the upper main board lights up but the one behind does not, even though it is showing 24v on my multimeter Ive tried cleaning all the connectors again but hasnt changed a thing.
    Any one know whats happening?