Problem Redsail x700 Y-axis failure

Thread: Redsail x700 Y-axis failure

Default Redsail x700 Y-axis failure

I have a x700 that is about 8 months old. Recently the Y axis has been acting up on and off. The motor would randomly stop working sometimes mid cut. A restart of the system some times fixes it. I have checked all the connections.

Inside the compartment where the main board lives there is a board marked "Y motor driver" next to this there is a green and red LED.
    It flashes in a series 2 green 3 red. I'm guessing this is some kind of error code but I cannot find a database to explain these codes.

I have emailed redsail support with no response as well as called the Canadian phone number for them.

I have no problem replacing parts or working on the machine I just want to make sure I am ordering the right parts.

Any thoughts?

-Update-
    I did some more digging and found that the error code for the step motor driver means "Internal voltage bad" do I need to replace the driver now or is there a fix for this?

Redsail x700 Y-axis failure-img_20130722_093953-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by alexofcharmcity; 07-22-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello ,
    First ,You can take the pluggers on this y axis then insert to X axis drivers to test if Y axis can go .
    Second it is the small white pins -- are in right location . Sometimes wrong location it goes in wrong way .On surface of driver ,normally you may find a table , if you know what current it should use , you can adjust the pins as the table .
    Normally we set same current on X and Y axis driver ,so the pins on both XY drivers are in same way . But we not sure other manufacture .
    Third , this driver might be broken need to change. Our drivers lighting with green lamp all the way ,seldom lighting red lamp .

Best regards,
    Mary Lee

Thanks for the advice. I switched the plugs and confirmed that the problem is with the step driver not the motor or belt.
    All the white pins checked out, they are both setup the same and the wattage is set the same also.
    So it looks like the step driver has gone bad already.

Downloads
    Uploads

How about you change plugers to X axis driver to test if Y axis can move ?

Mary Lee

Sorry I guess I didn't explain well enough.

Yes I switched the plugs to run the Y axis with the X axis driver and the Y axis then worked but the X axis did not because now it is plugged into the bad Y axis driver.

Does anyone know how to contact Redsail for warranty on parts? This is less than a year old and supposedly they have a 1 year warranty. I cannot see how this would not fall under the warranty.

I got a new step motor driver from applied motion and the "bad internal voltage error" showed up on the other step motor driver. When I remove the new driver and replace the old one it worked for a little while, maybe 4-5 hours. Then it went bad again with the same error.

Could it be the PSU? I really could use some help, nobody seems to have any good solutions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ,
    This is I found by net :sales@redsailcutters.com .

Best regards,
    Mary