Leetro Firmware update

Thread: Leetro Firmware update

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Leetro Firmware update

I received my Redsail X700 laser almost two weeks ago and I have yet to get it up and running. Part of it was my own stupidity which I have fixed but most of it is the lack of documentation, lack of English documentation and the communication problem that exists between a user who speaks only English and Redsail's tech support who speaks (or at least types) very poor English. Coupled with the time zone difference between China and the U.S. I have found troubleshooting my laser extremely frustrating to say the least.

I knew that this might be the case when I decided to go with the Chinese-made laser but I guess I really didn't believe there would be any real issue in getting it up and running.

The issue I cannot seem to fix concerns the Leetro Controller Card. Over the last few days in response to various attempts at operating the laser, I have experienced the laser head not moving at all but with no error message or not moving in the right direction or moving all the way past the limit switch so that the laser head hits one side, two sides, or three different sides and continues to try and move until I hit the emergency stop, or lasty receiving the error "Soft Stop" in which case the laser head doesn't move at all.

From what I've read this might be related to a firmware version mismatch between the unit itself and the dll file of the software. Inside the Easycut folder I ran the file "VerCheckTool_v1.1.exe" and below is the output.

Now I just need help interpreting this output. There's a sticker on the Leetro controller card labeled 4.1.2.3 so the Firmware version is obviously this. I'm guessing what is labeled as "Library" (ver 4.1.2.2) is the software but I cannot confirm this as I don't know how to check this within the software installation. I also don't know what the "Hardware" version 4.0.0.1 means. Finally I'm not sure if any of this matters. Does the "Library" and "FirmWare" version have to match? If so, how do I correct this?

One other note, the "Auto Match" button gives me the error message:

"Version Auto Matching is failed! Please ensure the current directory has a correct DLL for the firewire!"

Even with proper English, I'm not sure I know what this means but I do think I'm on the right track in looking at the controller card as the source of my issues.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on this issue. Thanks.

Lonnie

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE:

I believe I have found the problem with my laser. After looking carefully at the DLL files contained within the Easycut installation folder, I noticed a series of DLLs named "mpc05ls_XXXXXXXX.dll" where the XXXXXXXX is the version number made up of two digit numbers for each number. Since I know the hardware version is 4.1.2.3 I checked the version of the file named "mpc05ls_04010203.dll" and sure enough the version displayed in the properties is 4.1.2.2 and not 4.1.2.3.

I've already emailed Redsail but I'm not sure when of if I will hear back from them. I also don't see anything on their website about downloading dll files. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the correct dll? Since the Leetro controller card is used by many laser companies, can I just use the dll from another laser manufacturer?

Lonnie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a PC in the room with my X700......will get hold of a laptop and check mine.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John, I really appreciate it.

On a side note I found out why Redsail hasn't gotten back to me. They are closed until February 1 for the Chinese New Year. Just my luck to get my laser at the same time the company is closed for 2 weeks, lol.

Lonnie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi lonnie, on the software, to get files to the machine do you press download then does it open the standalone file manager where you download currant file? and is there a "download CFG" if so try pressing it, the laser should beep. Normally if you have a mismatched dll the machine tells you. Have you set the table size up? Hope this helps a little
    Cheers Simon

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Simon,

I do use the standalone file manager via the download button and I do receive one beep when I download the config. I have set my table size to 700 X 500 within the software but it is still not working.

I've read that a mismatched dll will indeed give you an error message on the display but I'm wondering if the file name of the dll has anything to do with it. If it goes by file name then it is named correctly but checking the properties of the actual dll tells me that the version is different. I don't know.

I've been busy with school this week so I plan on staying in my garage this weekend until I make some kind of headway with this. I will report any findings. Thanks for your help.

Lonnie