Redsail M900 Cutting Performance

Thread: Redsail M900 Cutting Performance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Redsail M900 Cutting Performance

Have recently set up new M900 60W Engraver / Cutter from Redsail. Running Easycut 5.3 from XP Windows PC. Mirrors are aligned, lense is focussed BUT the laser cannot cut cleanly through business card stock paper. Have tried all power / speed combinations with poor results. At 60% power and 30% speed the laser will cut the paper but the slow speed means the edges of the cut are burnt.

Also, the datum point is 'lost' as laser will try and reset to datum by moving off the worktable. I have to stop and manually reset the laser to the start position. What's up?

Any ideas on where the problem is? I have emailed Redsail about the controller settings but no reply of value.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've just gotten this same machine a week ago. Been running some trials this week with some different woods.
    I've not had too many issues yet, everything seems ok so far.
    I've been cutting through 6mm MDF so the machine is certainly capable of cutting card. Try turning the speed right down until it cuts, or the power up slightly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know if your problem is fixed yet but I thought I'd give my two cents here just incase someone else finds they have the same problem. I believe I read the solution somewhere else to be to change a voltage switch on the machine. The machine may be set to 110V and you need to switch it to 220V. I am assuming this is only if you are not in the USA though. I may be wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't try to set the output wattage so high. Turn your output wattage to 20 percent .. move the laser slower. I think you are pounding the little nail with a BIG hammer.

Ray Scott
    Owner / Engineer
    Rabbit Laser USA
    513-217-5707