XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build

Thread: XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build

So, I'm going to start this build thread to document it, but also to get help as I need it.. I don't think I have all the parts yet, so I guess we'll start there!

Here's what I have so far. I've emailed George to find out what's missing. There was never a complete list of what I should be getting, so I'm not 100% sure what to expect that's not here. I don't seem to have a screw for the Z axis, at the lease, but it looks like the chains for organizing the wires and such are missing too. There might be some other misc. pieces/parts missing as well, but I've received about 3 or 4 various larger shipments and 1 or 2 small ones.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input and assistance!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_1541-jpg   XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_1542-jpg   XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_1543-jpg   XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_1544-jpg  

XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_1545-jpg   XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_1546-jpg   XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_1547-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hurry..
    I want more...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build

Any pics of the final assembly?

Downloads
    Uploads

I understand the braces in the middle have to be ordered. 1x3 or 1030 and the Mounts are 6 hole button head M6-12 threaded.

24 Long 1x3 592mm
    36 Long 1x3 892mm
    48 Long 1x3 1192mm
    60 Long 1x3 1492mm

The only missing answer for me is if the attached bracket will work or not. It is from Tnutz.com. The extrusion is available in any custom length from 8020inc on eBay.

ATTACH=CONFIG]269746[/ATTACH]
    XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-t2ec16z-zoe9s5ngnr6bsirivrm2q-60_57-jpg
    XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-kgrhqmokpwfgnznthsjbrpl-mg7bw-60_57-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-np1115-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope that bracket works, it's the same one I ordered ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Spikec View Post
    I hope that bracket works, it's the same one I ordered ;-)
    Let us know! I see on the Tnutz website they offer a "slotted" version (on one side) as well. Might be a better option for a little wiggle room.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the brackets suggestions! Worked great! Just need to figure out the easiest method for attaching the slotted aluminum panels and my build it complete and ready for testing. The 2'x2" angled aluminum is going to be quite a bit of work to get right since it will all have to attach from the bottom. I am thinking of just countersinking screws from the top to t-nuts in the 8080 profile. The Weatherpack connectors worked great as well!

XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_0943-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by firewire View Post
    Thanks for the brackets suggestions! Worked great! Just need to figure out the easiest method for attaching the slotted aluminum panels and my build it complete and ready for testing. The 2'x2" angled aluminum is going to be quite a bit of work to get right since it will all have to attach from the bottom. I am thinking of just countersinking screws from the top to t-nuts in the 8080 profile. The Weatherpack connectors worked great as well!

XZero Raptor 30"x36" Build-img_0943-jpg
    You can get machine running and use it to slot the angle . It should work good to countersink the holes from the top to the 8080 profile. Before when I used the 8020 profile it always caused the top to bow . With new profile it is very flat and straight

XZero cnc