pro/cmm

Thread: pro/cmm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default pro/cmm

Hi Pro/man gurus,

in order for us to go "paperless manufacturing" we plan to implement pro/cmm. since i am the only one in here know both pro/man and cmm i was told to look into it. basicly what we do right now with the cmm, we wait until a part is made the put on the cmm probe it do the tolerancing. then the design changes of course drawng changes too. it is a time consuming task to go back and edit the program. this is so far what i do with pro/cmm, i bring in the model, measure it (in proe of course), click on the tolerance and that's it. when the part come in program is ready to go. design change? no problem, update model and bam. different family table parts? no problem, replace the part regen and bam. the decision i have to make right now is should we get the dmis port or get a post for it? someone told me even with the dmis port the code won't be perfect i have to do some teaking. oh i forget to say the cmm is mitutoyo bright 707. any input is greatly preciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mace, where are you buddy? do you have anything on this?

Downloads
    Uploads

I am sorry to say no We use a manual CMM Boy would i like to though. At previous companys that I have worked fro they use pc dmis code.
    I do have some thoughts
    If there is problems with certain codes I believe that you can handle inside the sequences of probe path I think you can call external files before and after the probe seq.

Much like in Pro nc Very custumizable like cl data.
    But I can not say for sure I dont use it.

Mace

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you Mace.