OK how much and will it replace Mach 3 ??????
Want to update my current machine to USB interface
Will go for USB interface on my next machine
It is the future but I will take my time
USB is not important to me
Applications of the LinkMotion USB
CNC type - 3 and more axis machines
Engraving machines with all classic engraving features
Flame cutting machines
Waterjet cutting machines
Foam cutting machines
Wood routing and wood inlay machines
Vinyl cutting and sign making machines
Cake decorating machines
Photo mat cutting machines
Motion controls and PLC functions
What is it?
This product is a combination of a special version of the LinkMotion driver designed to work with a USB controller.
LinkMotion driver is compatible with Windows XP and 2000 operating systems. Additionally, it is compatible with many popular applications like Corel Draw, AutoCAD, DolphinCAD, AcceliCAD, and others. The job is designed and simply ‘Printed’ to the USB port for the USB controller.
The USB controller is a 3 inch X 3 inch size printed circuit board with a USB 2.0 compatible interface to connect to a PC. The board handles up to 6 axis of operation with step/direction commands, 6 inputs, 6 outputs, and separate connections for Home switches in each of the axis.
How Does it work?
LinkMotion USB picks up vector information from the application when the job is printed to the driver. With the preset information for acceleration, resolution in each of the axis, federates, dwells, depths, and lifts, LinkMotion will prepare and send appropriate M&G code commands in one millisecond time increments to the USB controller. When the job is transferred to the controller, it will start processing, machine will go through necessary motions, and the job will be completed.
The numeric keypad of the PC keyboard is used a Control Pad for the machine to jog, position, go home, repeat a job, decrease or increase feedrate while the job is in process, surface the tool, pause, continue the job, check spindle motor, I/O controls, and other functions.
1. LinkMotion accepts jobs directly from many popular application programs for job design. No need to save and/or convert files. No need to learn another piece of software.
2. Once received, LinkMotion converts the job to G code commands using EMC2 standard G code conversion utility. Most of the preparatory work is done in the PC. It reduces the load on the USB controller. This is why it is powerful but low cost controller solution.
3. EMC2 is proven and used by large number of users worldwide.
4. USB interface is the most common interface on today’s PC’s.
5. USB 2.0 is equipped with high speed to transfer jobs quickly.
6. Once the job is transferred to the controller, the PC is available to work on while the USB controller processes by the job.
7. Bring in your own design of 3D G codes and have LinkMotion process your 3D job using the USB controller.
8. Controller design is simple. It requires the USB controller, motor drivers, power supply, On/Off switch, and optional emergency switch for a complete implementation.
1. Design your job in one of the popular, off-the-shelf applications like Corel Draw, AutoCAD,
Adobe Illustrator, and others......Simply Print and LinkMotionUSB will send it to your machine equipped with our USB controller board.
2. Use EMC2 standard G-Code commands for 3D operations and ‘Print to Machine’ from your favorite application for 2 1/2D operations like engraving, routing, cnc, plasma torch cutting, waterjet cutting, foam cutting etc.
3. Preset but expandable materials menu, positioning of a job, keyboard controls for axis moves, Z surfacing, home switch handling, flexible start position, acceleration/deceleration setup and control, maximum step rate 75,000, 6 inputs, 5 outputs, spindle motor on/off control, and easy controls for speed, depth and dwell are provided. Older machines can be upgraded to work with Microsoft Windows' graphical interface and plethora of advantages can be had for your business. All of this is yours for a fraction of the cost of acquiring a new machine.
4. Simple USB cable is all required between your PC and the machine.
5. Specialized single line and multiline engraving fonts are offered optionally to perform fast and cost effective engraving jobs.
6. Wired or wireless numeric keypads can be used to control the machine.
7. Upgrading features of the driver is as easy as installing the latest version of LinkMotionUSB driver software on your PC.
Minimum PC requirements
The minimum specification for a PC/Windows XP computer with the processor speed of at least 800 MHz, 512 or more MB of RAM memory, initially 60 MB space of hard disk drive space, CD-ROM drive, Windows XP Operating systems, two USB ports in your PC. The USB port shall be version 2.0.
The XP operating system shall be upgraded with Microsoft Service Pack 2 for XP and Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 for LinkMotion to work properly.
OK how much and will it replace Mach 3 ??????
www.solustan.com/specials and order it on line.
It does not have to replace anything. Every solution has a place in the marketplace.
However, if you are using Mach 3 and if you want to move on to USB interface, LinkMotion should be able to help you. Also, you should be able to wire it such that you could make it a pin for pin replacement for Mach 3 interface connections.
Why is the prices expensive than Mach3? It's not hobby prices
We use genuine EMC2 G code interpretation. The same G code used by thousands of people successfully in the UNIX environment. Available step rates are up to 75,000 per second with absolutely smooth motion.
Please excuse my ignorance. I'm still confused what your product does. Perhaps if you put it in terms of what popular item it replaces, I might have a better understanding. For $699, it replaces MACH3? With the usb controller does it replace the need for drivers such as the gecko? Can it run a 4 axis cnc router? thanks. jim.
ds420 jimluu has a great question I will need a 5 axis mill cnc controller.
You advertise your system as a 6 axis controller is this now or vapor ware we are a school and we will be standardizing on a system by the end of Sept.
Our front end is solidworks and camworks. Will your controller work with these programs.
Hope to here from you soon
jimluu, did you ever get an answer? I could not find any info on exactly what it needs to work.
no response since beginnig of august, maybe this is vapor ware