first of all LINUX based.
I want everyone to know that first.
I started cutting out my 8" table setup today
and since i have a cnc its easy
table size 8".
based on opencv
more to follow and yes i will post everything online its opensource.
Ok a link to the software
I will be doing a how to on setting up installing etc as the week goes on on duty tonight so i think goal will be to see if i can get a windows computer to do this also.
Thanks for the link, Will have a read tonight and will be watchig your progress with interest. Am particually interested in a Windows version.
The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.
Some issues I have right now:
1. No gear reduction on the table, So it is not a slow smooth turn yet.
2. Camera, I am using a super cheap webcam right now
3. User Interface, scanning has a few clickes to do it etc. Need to stream line it a bit (working on this now)
4. Diskspace, I think this is really a part of the interface as it leaves files all over the place, not just the one you want.
5. Laser, I have a cheapo laser so the beam is a bit wide.
6. Calibration, right now its manual. But i intend to make it automatic-ish
more to follow.
But I am getting point clouds etc. Progress will continue.
any progress with your project?
sorry no, but soon yes, been dealing with a torn acl, mcl and meniscus (got to love semi-pro football) and pending surgery, which means shortly a whole month to code it. (and learn the guitar).
In that case, rock on! (I play it myself as well)
And best of luck with recovery... I'll be tracking your progress when you pick it up