Recommendations for Vinyl cutting software

Thread: Recommendations for Vinyl cutting software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recommendations for Vinyl cutting software

I currently have LXI software. I'm looking for other software that might give a little more info.

Although most of what I do is designed or laid out in Adobe IL 10 and then imported- I would be very interested in the opinions of others as to what plotter cutter software seems to be the easiest to decipher without spending a fortune? It easily imports EPS ver 8, but isn't clear about what cuts and what doesn't. to be more specific - I thought it would cut everything in the preview pane of the production manager, but chopped the top of of one line. How do I get it to NOT do that.

I have a 24" Panther cutter. No tech support with it. I'm trying to learn the basics by reading the manuals of both the cutter and the software and find the most basic questions - skipped. standard types of material recommended - maximum and minimum widths of vinyl it will cut (ie - if it fits under the roller somewhere - 3" under one roller?)

I'm always looking for suggestions and advice from those of you who have experience with these machines.

Thanks,
    Susie

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

try signgo, its a cheap and easy cutting program, its shareware and you can douwnload a free trial for 30 days. Its cost about us$120 -I do not remember exactly-- You have to google to find the site, I do not have the link in this pc. bye!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I'll look it up. I don't intend to do anything fancy so it sounds like that might work for me.

I'll let the group know once I give it a try.

thanks again!

PS thanks again to moon light media. I did get my stuff cut out and it worked as film just fine!

Susie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found the site. looks like I'll have to download it and try it. I can't seem to find my plotter cutter in their list of supported cutters.

I have a 24" Panther that I believe is more accurately described as a Vinyl Express GRC-61. We bought it 2nd hand and the folks from whom we bought it - purchased it new but didn't really remember how they had originally set it up. The aforementioned model seems to work with the LXi software that came with it - so I'm presuming that's what it is.

I did notice that the Signgo had a universal plotter listed. I guess I'll have to go for that one.

thanks,
    Susie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like signgo, but went for the pro version, which is the same as their download, and that's $399.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ok ok ok

so... everyone has their favorite sign shop program...
    some people use a program for ease of design and transfer designs to a print program for no-hassle prints. While others stick in one program. I have used SignLab to large success but would have reservations if I was buying new soft., I would want to make sure whatever software I use would work for my design style before implementing it into the flow.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Being able to try it for a month on your machine before buying is one of the reasons I recommend signgo so much. You're not out anything, and it's the only decent one for under $500.00.

I used to like artcut better than flexi-starter. But while it's a full featured program, it's translated from Chinese and only works in metric. For $50 it's cheap enough if you always design it elsewhere and then import your image for cutting. Yeah, even artcut is better than flexi-starter. Flexi is some of the best software ever, but the starter and letter versions are pretty useless.

Hint, avoid anything with basic, starter, letter, or light in the name. I spent more on replacement software than I did on the cutter with starter softare in the first place.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for chiming in with a semi-commercial interest. I am the owner of USCutter which is a distributor of imported vinyl cutters. We are considering marketing CNC machines, so I was browsing the forums.

In response to the inquiry:
    We have just become a distributor of SignBlazer, and everyone that has used the software has given us nothing but glowing feedback. The best part is, you can give it a try before you buy. I haven't used Signgo other than casually trying it out, but my impression is that SignBlazer is much better. We are not selling it directly just yet, but we should be able to sell the Elements (limited version) for less than $100 and the pro version for less than $300. We are also starting to bundle the Elements version with our plotters.

In the mean time, go download the demo version here, and give us some feedback:

http://www.colorchromefirst.com/s2q/intdemodwn.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recommendations for Vinyl cutting software

I recommend that you use Easy Cut Studio software, which is simple and handy.