Need Help! must i write an nc code in powermill to creat a new model ?

Thread: must i write an nc code in powermill to creat a new model ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question must i write an nc code in powermill to creat a new model ?

hi friends , I have a question and i look forward your help, I have an assignment in powermill and the time is limited , my question that all tutorials I found in internet they explain by importing models from powermill itself , but my assignment to create a new model , so please guide me with procedures and how to write the nc code ?

must i write an nc code in powermill to creat a new model ?

thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: must i write an nc code in powermill to creat a new model ?

You probably have moved on long ago on this question but in case anyone else would like an answer.

This is a CAM program not a design program, your model needs to be imported after been created by a CAD program it can be in any number of formats depending on your Delcam license. If importing from Powershape more than likely a DGK file, standard license should also support IGS files beyond that its hit or miss,

If your are practicing look for an example there should be a directory in your Delcam folder called "examples" it comes with an extensive set of examples when you do the full install.

If you have a model imported you can do some basic manipulations by transforming surfaces (still easier to draw in a cad program.