post processor file save poblem

Thread: post processor file save poblem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default post processor file save poblem

I have been using cut 2d for a few weeks and when I would save a toolpath it would save it with a "Tap" file extension. Now it will only save it as a "txt" extension , this is for a mach 3, When I hit the pull down tab in the file save, this is the only option listed .

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: post processor file save poblem

Jake...
    It sounds like you have copied a wrong post processor to the "My PostP" folder from the "PostP" folder. Remove the one there, reboot Cut 2D then select from the complete list. Once you know the one you want, COPY it to the My PostP folder.

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: post processor file save poblem

Quote Originally Posted by jake100 View Post
    I have been using cut 2d for a few weeks and when I would save a toolpath it would save it with a "Tap" file extension. Now it will only save it as a "txt" extension , this is for a mach 3, When I hit the pull down tab in the file save, this is the only option listed .
    Were you previously saving you files with a 'demo' version of Cut2D or Mach3? Save your file as a Mach2/3 Arcs (inch) (*.txt) and it should run OK. Of course I'm assuming that you are working in inches.