Need Help! IMSpost generating .PST file for mastercam

Thread: IMSpost generating .PST file for mastercam

Default IMSpost generating .PST file for mastercam

Hi you all,

I have been experimenting with imspost but I encountered one Hugh flaw. This software is like nicely graphical for building a postprocessor which is nice, but how do I generate in the end a .PST file for mastercam. Like icam campost has.

I thought that was the general idea here, what am I missing. Anybody has a clue to after you set up machine and axis and everything you get to a postprocessor file saved in a format your cam software can use?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: IMSpost generating .PST file for mastercam

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanisk View Post
    I thought that was the general idea here, what am I missing. Anybody has a clue to after you set up machine and axis and everything you get to a postprocessor file saved in a format your cam software can use?
    A quick look at their website,,,
    ... I see words to say "Verification" and "Simulation".... meaning it shows on a PC what the nc code, ( that you have already created in your CADCAM software ), would do on the actual machine....thus, avoiding any "expensive" crash

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    A quick look at their website,,,
    ... I see words to say "Verification" and "Simulation".... meaning it shows on a PC what the nc code, ( that you have already created in your CADCAM software ), would do on the actual machine....thus, avoiding any "expensive" crash
    Hi, thanks for your reply. But in that case imspost is an extremely expensive piece of useless software. Most cam systems do a perfect job in simulation aswell.

In icam campost you can actually generate a mastercam post based on your setup and wizards in campost, that is worth something . I thought imspost could do the same.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: IMSpost generating .PST file for mastercam

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanisk View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply. But in that case imspost is an extremely expensive piece of useless software. Most cam systems do a perfect job in simulation aswell.

In icam campost you can actually generate a mastercam post based on your setup and wizards in campost, that is worth something . I thought imspost could do the same.
    IMS has a program that takes intermedate code form most CAM sys and generates NC code. They also have simulation products.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have DMU50_SINUMERIK840_5AXIS_MILL_TT_MM
    but it's locked for another license and writes "NO SIM" message
    If anyone know how to do it I can send it by email

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Venedikt View Post
    I have DMU50_SINUMERIK840_5AXIS_MILL_TT_MM
    but it's locked for another license and writes "NO SIM" message
    If anyone know how to do it I can send it by email

Let me have a try.