Problem TECHNO.PST not proper

Thread: TECHNO.PST not proper

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TECHNO.PST not proper

Hi folks,
    I've been out of circulation on cnczone for a long time because I got locked out of my account.

I forgot the password and it just wouldn't reset. Thankfully it finally did after all these years. But that's another story.

I have an older Gantry III machine. It's a 130 about 4x4.
    It uses an ISA card in the pc that's connected to an amplifier box which in turn is connected to the SERVO motors.

I use Mastercam V8.11 to program with, and the pc that drives the machine uses G-code Ver.105c for the controller interface.

The problem is with the TECHNO.PST post processor file.

/// My configuration in G-code 105c must always be set to [X] OVERRIDE PROGRAM SPEED. If not ticked, it will lock up G-code Ver.105c as soon as it encounters a feed rate command. \\\

This means that I cannot use Mastercam to control the feed rate.

This is definitely a post processor issue. I know this because I have another post called MPTECHNO.PST and if I use that post I can untick [ ] OVERRIDE PROGRAM SPEED in G-code Ver.105c and enjoy the benefits of variable feed rate machining that Mastercam has to offer, namely "Highfeed Machining" as they call it.

However, I like the TECHNO.PST much better because it does not add extra tool motion to the beginning and end of the file the way the MPTECHNO.PST does.

Both posts are intended to be modified, but that's where I'm stumped.

I was hoping to find someone with a similar rig to shoot me a post to try, or if someone has any ideas on how to modify my existing TECHNO.PST to properly allow for Mastercam to control the feed rate thus enabling.me to untick [ ] OVERRIDE PROGRAM SPEED safely in the configuration for the G-code Ver.105c interface program.

When you [X] OVERRIDE PROGRAM SPEED the machine goes at a constant feed rate no matter what. I wanna take the training wheels off this thing but I don't want to compromise by having to use the MPTECHNO.PST to do it.
    This is a simple post hack folks. It can't be that hard.

Attached is a Zip file containing both posts. Note that the MPTECHNO.PST despite being designed by CNC Software, homes X and Y at the end of the run. This is a potentially dangerous situation if you happen to have a clamp between your last move and X0,Y0. It also adds what I feel to be unnecessary tool motion to the beginning of the file which too presents a hazard. Another thing I don't like is that it does not add the stuff that I like to see at the beginning of the file such as; date and time stamp, name of program, size of tool, etc. So once you have it loaded you click once and the run starts. Better watch it with that clicker!

By contrast the TECHNO.PST let's me step through the code a couple of times with no machine motion so that I may verify the program name and tool size before clicking again to start the run. But more importantly it doesn't add potentially dangerous moves to the beginning and end of the file. I like that, and this TECHNO.PST is definitely the preferred post. I especially like the fact that it just lifts the Z at the end of the run and does not add extra tool motion to the beginning of the run.

But it needs a little help to properly execute the feed rate command. Anybody out there familiar with customizing a post?

Thanks,
    Alex