Need Help! Posting operations query

Thread: Posting operations query

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Posting operations query

Hi,

I am using MasterCAM X7 and have a problem when posting selected operations to g-code. Under my Toolpath Group I have several operations and toolpaths that use the same tool get combined into one operation when posting everything to g-code.

For example:

1 - Lathe rough
    --- T0202 general turning tool

2 - Lathe finish
    --- T0202 general turning tool

3 - Lathe rough
    ---T0707 boring bar

Posting these operations would combine 1 and 2 to one operation (N1). Is it possible to post operations to g-code without having operations with the same tool combining into one op?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Posting operations query

Can't you just tell mastercam to force a tool change

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes! it is possible.

Here are 3 different ways (that I can think of) to achieve this:

1- Change the tool number of the finishing toolpath/pass and generate the g-code, eg: T0303, after the g-code has been created then "manually" (editing) change the tool number back to T0202 along with the last block at the end of the toolpath that cancels the offset to T0200.

2- Change the "nc file name or number" in the tree brach manager for the "finishing toolpath" and generate the g-codes separately and merge them manually.

3- Generate the g-code of the rough and boring bar as a single file, then generate the g-code for the finishing pass separately with a different name and merge it to the other program that has the rough and boring bar.

Remember that in all cases you need to do a few changes to the g-code, usually in the beginning and ending segments of the toolpaths, etc, so be very careful.

I'm assuming that you want to stop the running cycle to check dimensions before and/or after running the final tool/finishing pass or wish to re run the final cut/cycle to achieve the desired dimension which in this case it seem like a critical one. BTW, it is recommended to use a different tool for finishing passes for critical dimensions/finishes though.

Hope this helps!

Downloads
    Uploads

Indeed, there is a "check box" called "force tool change" above the comment segment in the parameters tab. Just click on it.

Disregard my previous comment if the ftc check box is available/supported.

I'm not sure if the ftc check box exist in older versions of mastercam though.