dynapath control cutter comp

Thread: dynapath control cutter comp

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry dynapath control cutter comp

i have a good working post for my dynapaths except for cutter comp. it needs a incremental move in direction of comp before you turn it on. anyone have this problem.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im not sure how to get the mastercam post to post out the cutter comp commands(C1 and C2) for my dynapath control. My post processor for the dynapath basically just posts out the code in X and Y moves based on which cutter diameter I specified in my mastercam program. If I end up using a different size endmill then I just repost the program with the new cutter diameter and send it to the machine.

Programming off the dyapath control requires a linear move when turning on cutter comp. (C1 left or C2 right). When Im ready to turn it on I just make a .001/ incremental linear move (not rapid). Line 40 is where I turned cutter comp on. When the control gets to line 40 it looks at line 50 first to see which direction its going then based on that info it makes a linear move which equals 1/2 the diameter of your cutter. Since line 50 is going to move to X5.0 then line 40 will cause the cutter to move a distance of .250 in the +Y direction first which is 1/2 of the .500 endmill. Then the cutter will move to X5.0. If we used C2(right) instead of C1 on line 40 then the cutter would move .250 in the minus -Y direction first. Then it would move to X5.0. C1 is climb cutting and C2 is conventional.

Say cutter Diamter is .500

05 (9)M08
    10 (9)M03 S4000 E01 T01
    20 (0) X0 Y0 Z.1
    30 (1) Z-.1 F10.0
    40 (1) X.001 C1
    50 (1) X5.0 F20.0
    60 (9) M30

You can also eliminate line 40 and change line 50 to (1)X5.0 C1 F20.0 but I just got in the habit of putting my cutter comp move on its own line with a .001 incremetal move.

(0) = rapid moves
    (1)= Linear moves using a feed rate.
    (9)= table for M codes, S code(RPM), E codes(fixture offset) T codes(tool #)

Sorry, I probably gave you more info then you wanted.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just realized I forgot to add the / in line 40 in my previous post.

Line 40 should be 40(1)X.001/ C1

the / means incremental.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Dynapath does not need an Incremental move. It needs a lead on and a lead off, linear move. Are you using the Lead in/out settings in Mastercam? if you do it should work fine. Did you try using the Dynapath post that comes with Mastercam? Usually the only problem people have, is that there is no spindle speed. That's easily fixed by changing "nospeed" in the post.

Mike Mattera

Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the incremental move is right out of the dynapth manual. ?

Downloads
    Uploads

add a leed in and a leed out line of code or maybe if you turn comp on and off a Z- move after entering part and before return to R-plane might do the trick dynapath is kind of a funny controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Pete1968: If you want help you'll have to answer my questions.

The manual is probably showing you a "technique" to make it easy to program manually. The manuals are usually wrong.

DID YOU DO A LEAD IN/OUT MOVE IN MASTERCAM?

Mike Mattera

Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi mike
    i'm using the dynapath post and also use leadin/leadout in mastercam