Need Help! X axis inverted, mastercam output needed

Thread: X axis inverted, mastercam output needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default X axis inverted, mastercam output needed

I have a Mori Seiki with Fanuct 5T, and the X axis is inverted, that is X- is up and X+ is down, so all the X values should be negative but in my mastercam X2 I cannot find the way to change this. I already tried using X-Z+ lathe radius plane but still after postprocessing I always get X values positive. The big problem is G02 G03 because it seems like they have to change a lot.

Any help is always welcome

Thanks

jolulank

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had a similar problem with our old Thermwood router. What I found...
    In the mastercam help wile there is a sample of a 3 axis post, and it shows how to invert the axis. I assume that you are modifing an existing post processor to work with your machine.

Make backup copies of your post before you start messing with it.
    Open it with any text editor and find the Motion control section, add a line to the section that writes the line for the axis. Something like this..

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Motion NC output

##### Custom changes allowed below #####

prapidout #Output to NC of linear movement - rapid

xabs = xabs * -1 # <------Invert axis output
    pcan1, pbld, n$, `sgcode, sgplane, sgabsinc, pccdia,
    xout, yout, zout, s_out, p_out, strcantext, scoolant, e$

plinout #Output to NC of linear movement - feed

pcan1, pbld, n$, `sgcode, sgplane, sgabsinc, `sgfeed, pccdia,
    xout, yout, zout, s_out, p_out, `feed, strcantext, scoolant, e$
    if nc_lout$ <> m_one & feed = zero, psfeederror

Your post might be different but hopefully you get the idea. Double check your g-code output to make sure things are moving in the right direction. And double check the g02 and g03 you may have to add that line in another place for those.

From what I have heard, the newer versions of Mastercam are going to control the options for the post through the control definition file in Mastercam itself. I have an older version with an even older post so it doesn't do much for me, I have to manually edit the post.

Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thermgood View Post
    I had a similar problem with our old Thermwood router. What I found...
    In the mastercam help wile there is a sample of a 3 axis post, and it shows how to invert the axis. I assume that you are modifing an existing post processor to work with your machine.

Make backup copies of your post before you start messing with it.
    Open it with any text editor and find the Motion control section, add a line to the section that writes the line for the axis. Something like this..

# Motion NC output

##### Custom changes allowed below #####

prapidout #Output to NC of linear movement - rapid

pcan1, pbld, n$, `sgcode, sgplane, sgabsinc, pccdia,
    xout, yout, zout, s_out, p_out, strcantext, scoolant, e$

plinout #Output to NC of linear movement - feed

pcan1, pbld, n$, `sgcode, sgplane, sgabsinc, `sgfeed, pccdia,
    xout, yout, zout, s_out, p_out, `feed, strcantext, scoolant, e$
    if nc_lout$ <> m_one & feed = zero, psfeederror

Your post might be different but hopefully you get the idea. Double check your g-code output to make sure things are moving in the right direction. And double check the g02 and g03 you may have to add that line in another place for those.

From what I have heard, the newer versions of Mastercam are going to control the options for the post through the control definition file in Mastercam itself. I have an older version with an even older post so it doesn't do much for me, I have to manually edit the post.

Hope this helps

Thanks Thermgood,

I changed some of the values in the post as you suggested and is working fine now. I had to invert also the G02 and G03 too.

Thanks again

jolulank

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X axis inverted, mastercam output needed

I know this is an old post,,,,, but the easiest way to invert your tool path for reversed x axis on Mori's is to program in the inverse quadrant in MC.

( Draw the profile used for toolpath generation in the opposite side of the axis in CAD/CAM..... upon running the program/ post processing it will generally give you everything you need with NO need to edit the G02, G03, etc.... Just make sure you verify it... before running full rapids, etc.)

Aside from it looking funny because it's the reverse of the machine in terms of visualization, on Software screen..... it is the simplest fix for programming the reverse X axis machines programs.

Also, Use a Turret in the software machine definition... that is the opposite as well, in order for the software to function properly without crash warnings.