Spring creek farm sign

Thread: Spring creek farm sign

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spring creek farm sign

I'm starting in the sign business and thought I would show some of my work. This sign is a single 1 inch maple board 14" tall x 24" wide. I made two signs and put them back to back to make it two-sided. It is my first sign and it hangs out at the end of the driveway on a nice signpost.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spring creek farm sign-img_0434-jpg   Spring creek farm sign-img_0438-jpg   Spring creek farm sign-img_0440-jpg   Spring creek farm sign-img_0441-jpg  

Spring creek farm sign-img_3813-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The cuts look nice and clean. (No burn marks)

What type of bit did you use?
    Do you also control the router RPM?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used a 1/4" carbide endmill and ballnose upcut bits for the trees and profile cuts. The lettering is done with a carbide tipped v bit. I have found the maple works best at around 60ipm 8-12k rpm(Porter cable 1 3/4HP controlled with super PID controller). 1/4" passes and I tweaked the feed speed a little on each different part. I have found that V carving can be run 30-40% faster than other cutting.