Who is making money with their CNC... - Page 10

View Poll Results: Who is making money with their CNC machine?

Voters
1018. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a dime! I use it for fun/my own projects.

248 24.36%
  • Mainly a hobby, any money made is just gravy.

207 20.33%
  • I make some on-the-side money, not quitting my day job!

247 24.26%
  • I better make money! This machine IS my job!

316 31.04%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Who is making money with their CNC...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Who is making money with their CNC...

There are so many people churning out AR15 lowers I doubt there is much profit left in them.

Downloads
    Uploads

6 months holiday, twice a year making pocket money with my two CNCs and a 3D printer.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I run a big router at work its on Onsrud with 18 hp spindle an two 5x5 foot tables I seen the money that router makes I have said it prints money. So I bought a 3020 to play with oh it was fun but tiny was not 30 days after I went out and got my next one its a home made cnc working area 23x23 inches by 5 its bigger then my mini but i am always asking to use the router at work to do jobs cuz everone one wants bigger. Its a good thing they like me there.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not making money but it has saved me a little. Instead of spending $1000 on something I made a set for a couple hundred bucks and some time on the mill.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm at around £120 profit per day averaged over a month with an 8x4ft router after expenses.

Took me around 3 years to get to this point on minimal self invested budget only required me to possess a multplitude of knowledge in buisness, sales, web design or more importantly SEO and not forgetting engineering. Think I'd likely gone under very quickly if I didn't possess just one of these skills.

Revenue for me will increase in time with more machines and employing extra hands, but all in good time. Heard of a fair few guys bite off more than they can chew when it comes to the unforgiving buisness of cnc and go under in matter of weeks. Throwing money at a new buisness is risky. Best tip I have is setup the buisness and advertise a year or more prior to machinery and premises, to improve web presence. Websites barely get sniffed at in the first year so not worth having an expensive machine doing next to nothing for a year or so if you can avoid it.

Last edited by Jon.N.CNC; 11-15-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

close to 3 yrs with this machine...has paid for itself many times over...a few examples of works

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who is making money with their CNC...-celosia-b-jpg   Who is making money with their CNC...-celosia-d-jpg   Who is making money with their CNC...-f1-jpg   Who is making money with their CNC...-headboard-jpg  

Who is making money with their CNC...-i2-jpg   Who is making money with their CNC...-panel-done-2-jpg   Who is making money with their CNC...-i4-jpg   Who is making money with their CNC...-window-panels-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

So CNC started out as a hobby (actually a hobby to make parts for another hobby) now I run an manufacturing business and we make/retrofit a lot of our own equipment.
    As an example, I have a CNC router that has two different welding heads we made, one for TIG and one for cap discharge stud.

Downloads
    Uploads

My mill/router, no profit yet, my 4 axis hot wire foam cutter? YAHOO!

Downloads
    Uploads

I can join the making money crowd now. My last couple parts I made netted me $80 bucks after for labor after material and shipping costs. Took about an hour to do. Hopefully I can make that trend continue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Got a new product, I need to refine it a bit more then have the parts done on the CNC router rather than my mill. But I have that first step, a product!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been doing prop making for film and tv for around 7 years now and have used cncs on almost every project. its only now that i'm thinking of making one for myself.

Downloads
    Uploads

I imported a wood CNC router from China 3 years ago. Now i make wood carving decoration and earn money with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

CNC is fun, especially turning the old machines back to life again.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Es fundamental conocer sus posibilidades antes de comprar su boleto, particularmente suponiendo que es su momento más memorable jugando. En caso de que ganes, ¡podrías estar en línea para un pago extraordinario! Siga leyendo para descubrir más sobre Sinuano Noche y las cosas para dominar este juego de lotería.

Source: https://www.sinuanonoche.org

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910