Why do you visit CNCZone.com? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Why do you visit CNCZone.com?

Voters
643. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wish to learn about how to make my own CNC machine.

397 61.74%
  • I already have access to a machine and wish to learn how to use it better.

232 36.08%
  • I have a general interest in CNC, but won't be ever using or building one.

12 1.87%
  • I come here as a social outlet with other like minded people.

116 18.04%
  • I come here for mechanical interests other than CNC

77 11.98%
  • Other reasons ( Please state below)

51 7.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Why do you visit CNCZone.com?

Downloads
    Uploads

For the free info!

Actually, that's only half the answer... this site has been a great place to find the answers to some pretty rough problems; It's also always nice when I'm able to help someone else out as well

Downloads
    Uploads

I know a lot about CNC Diamond Machining, but nothing about Milling... I recently got access to a CNC milling machine and the more I learn, the more I am facinated by it... the machine can do anything! and it was sat their not being used!

I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Because I didn't have the $$$ for MIT. I am In my early thirtys and have already wrecked my hands finding food and shelter in my teens and twenty's but I still need to build even though I talk for a living ( I make a bad sales man don't seem to care about money enough to steal) so I am working on my own machine. most days I come for insparoto cause my 3'X4' monster is starting to get the better of me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I visit this site as an highly experienced advanced cnc machine shop owner(to toot my own horn)
    of a couple of years now. I say a couple of years now refering to the purchase of my HAAS VF2 and Leadwell machining centers and quitting my machining JOB. So I guess I am only highly experienced and advanced at the machining part. I visited this site (one of many) looking for companies that were looking for quality work. I have found one. The rest were, in my mind only looking for the absolute minimum pricing. I can not blame them for looking for absolute minimum pricing I guess but I thought I was close to the absolute minimum. I was way way way wrong. I am on manufacturing quote and have been awarded 12 jobs totalling less than the cost of manufacturing quote.(5500.00) And have seen the EXTREMELY LOW awarded prices of the hundreds of quotes I took time and effort to put together. I think instead of being a good machinist I should have been a "better" sales man. But I have found that I am not "good" enough at being a liar for that.(Sorry to all the sales people with good morals and actully believe what they are saying). To get back on the subject I visit this site looking for people that are looking for quality CNC machine work and realize that price is not the only determining factor. I wish I could give the lowest prices to all of my customers but I might be better off working the cash register at the local drive through. I am planning on keeping my morals and machining parts for those that know the difference between the lowest price and selling out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All of the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Skip

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool More than One...

To know more,,
    To do more,,
    To Have more,,
    and more and more...

Downloads
    Uploads

I come here cause, I know nowt. The more I read the less I feel I know. I have to come here, as in my world chaps dont even know what cnc is. It's good to know that around the globe people of similar interests and stratospheric (???) knowlage can feed nogggin with answers, when I only just understand the questions. Iv'e got a Syil super x3 cnc and as any one in my position will know its a very steep learning curve. So I come here cos The CNCZONE exists, with out it I would'nt even try.

I dont know what I have made, but the swaf is shiny.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default To Learn from others

As a hobbyist I come here to learn from the pros. By simply reading other posts I improve my skills.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The reason I come to CNC zone isn't on the poll options.....
    I have a general interest in CNC, and am looking to p/u an affordable CNC burn table some day.

Downloads
    Uploads

To get knowledge and knowhow from those who are better than myself. I am constantly amazed at the wealth of knowledge on this site and the selflessness of those who are kind enough to share it

I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Information

I own manual 2 mills & 2 lathes. If I get profisiant at them in the future I would be wanting to convert or buy CNC machines, for duplication purposes as a hobby................

Its great to have a site that has such good information & helps people avoid the pitfalls of bad programs or machinery.....the hobby is expensive enough....

And its great to see how people work through issues as machinists.

Something that is sorely missing from our educational system........THINKING through a problem

wonderer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

IN a sense, to share/resurrect some of the past. Oh, aNd to pick on the "kids".

I grew up in a period of engineering when you were expected to KNOW how to solve problems. I had whitewall haircut, pocket liner, slide rule carrying bosses who put you thru an inquisition when it came to design reviews. The better you were prepared before you asked a "stupid questjion", which they had no hesitation in pointing out to you, the less you'd feel the wrath of the managing "gods".

Survived it and got GOOD raises as long as the hard asses were there. Came to the point I thrived in it. When they passed on, literally, some new "kindlyier and friendlier" bosses cam along and the old didn't meld with the new.

I never did lose the old ways - they serve me too well and actually forced me to mvoe on where I thrived even more. Poor bedside manner but the stuff I engineered WORKED.

However one evening, many jobs later, I got the ultimate compliment in my life over my old school ways of teaching and demanding performance from my "students'.

We're at a Christmas dinner and this one kid who I really picked on, came up and thanked me. He thanked me for being an a$$hole to him during the various traning semindars I put on that he attended. Slightly amazed I asked "why?"

"simple, because iirate customers are worse than you ever are/were. WHen that sort of things happened, I'd ask myself 'what would NC do/ask/say?' and it would usually calm the guy down and we could then reason things out".

I was never so humbled in my life.

SO to the newbies I often rant off on, take it for what it is, a voice/personality out of the past just trying to get you to think and reason for yourself. My students have pretey much always rose to the occasion when push came to shove and even thrived under pressure. IT was usually less than I put them thru....GRIN.

I almost died last January, Had that happened, my legacy would have been my well intended rants on the Zone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone

well to start with i was looking for some plans for a pantograph and found my found my way here. Looked like a good site with a lot of info about building a CNC router
    I have read probably a thousand posts some several years old.

There a lot of really talented people here willing to share most of what they know. I enjoy learning new things and have learned a ton from reading a lot
    of stuff here.
    I started my life as a machinist in 1952 as a machinist apprentice for the UPRR. Started my own business about 10 years later and ran them until I was 60 and walked
    away and never looked back.
    I have went through several hobbies since, building computers, building Dulcimers, a lot of target shooting, I have found on the zone that there are not
    only talented machinist but several have the same interest as I

I also build and fly RC airplains which a lot of members here do, so it is a all in one site for me, it is just like a big magnet that keeps sucking me in every
    day.

budP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any single mom out there ?
    Hello...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my father has a few machines i'd like to learn about
    in order to help run machines better

Downloads
    Uploads

yep that would be me!!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Why do you visit CNCZone.com?

About myself, I want to learn more about CNC information, and then I can do my current job well which is related with cnc machine.So I came here, one wants to help the others to solve some problems, the other is to own a lot of powerful knowledge about cnc.

ISweek(http://www.isweek.com/)- Industry sourcing & Wholesale industrial products

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope to open my own business with machined parts -- part of the reason I am taking the schooling.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well to be honest, only part of my reason is on the list.
    I wish to start a training course for the less fortunate over here and maybe set them up in a livelihood program here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345