Why do you visit CNCZone.com? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Why do you visit CNCZone.com?

Voters
643. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wish to learn about how to make my own CNC machine.

397 61.74%
  • I already have access to a machine and wish to learn how to use it better.

232 36.08%
  • I have a general interest in CNC, but won't be ever using or building one.

12 1.87%
  • I come here as a social outlet with other like minded people.

116 18.04%
  • I come here for mechanical interests other than CNC

77 11.98%
  • Other reasons ( Please state below)

51 7.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you visit CNCZone.com?

Downloads
    Uploads

¡Hola Juan (Grabadosjapansa)!
    I've tried on different occasions to get into your website but it doesn't seem to function? I got to the manises forum regarding ceramics where you had made a post but that's as far as I got.
    Skippy

Downloads
    Uploads

Default router with 4 spindles

Quote Originally Posted by grabadosjapansa
    I want to see a lot of CNC routers to build within my possibilities one with 4 spindles. To know where I can buy mechanical pieces and their prices. I don't see here machine with 3 o 4 spindles, i want one for me because i made wood carving and i must to produce more quickly to make my small business profitable. You can enter in my webpage to see what i make. By the way i can see cnc router with 3 or 4 spindles here? If not, where?
    i have an english, spanish and french version into (selfmade). My best regards, juan sanchez.
    http://www.geocities.com/grabadosjapansa This link works well now
    sorry this is my right link : http://www.geocities.com/grabadosjapansa

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I am guna from canada.I love okuma,s.I have been working almost10 years on that.It is a great machine to work with.Where about australia you are from.Keep in touch.my e-mail id is- " gokuljothi@yahoo.com"
    .Bye from now

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I own, program & run 2 CNC machines. The people who visit this site are a wonderful "STOREHOUSE" of knowledge for anybody, newbie or old salt. Many of my questions have been answered by the participants.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm building (converting) a big Sharnoa mill from tiger III control that was dead to pc control with Rutex drives. This way I'll be able to fix it when it breaks. I have had several bridgeport machines with "boss 5" controls that BP wanted a ton of money to fix.
    I also had a Cincinnati arrow 500 with an emerson control that neither cincinnati or
    emerson wanted to help with. So, I want to be able to fix it myself. I want to learn about drives and control systems too. There seems to be a lot of very sharp people in this forum that are willing to share their expertise. Thanks to all.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm here because the beer is cold and the chicks are hot.

Actually back in the days when I used to teach I would tell my students, if you get only one thing out of each school you attend, your undergraduate degree should narrow down the things you are interested in doing for the rest of your life and your graduate degree should show you how much you don't know about your chosen subject but where to look for the information/help.

Well, this forum has definitely shown me how much I don't know about CNC, but it has really helped me to narrow down my design options for a CNC router and has been a wealth of information and help.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Information, information, information"

to paraphrase someone else

It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have always had an interest in robotics and computer controlled machinery and stumbled onto this site after two days of searching the the internet for an inexpensive way to build a machine that would cut out moulding profiles for a grinding machine.

It now appears however that after building my CNC machine I am hopelessly obsessed with these machines and the information on this site .The amount of knowledge is amazing and its great to see pictures and videos of others building machines and manfacturing products with a machine they built.

Jason

LetterCAM.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't even know what a cnc machine was 6 weeks ago! I've spent hours and hours on this site reading others project logs, what to do and what not to do. Now I've started building my own cnc router today and hope my log and pictures that I will start posting in a couple days will help someone else like myself.

Warren

Downloads
    Uploads

i come here for the info and the help that is everywhere on the site.
    when i started coming here i though that 1/8" or 1/16" was close enough. but now i have a 1" dial indicator and digital caliper.now .01 is close but .001 is beter.
    i also bought a mini-mill to go with my mini-lathe.and my fit&finish has improved by leaps and bounds.
    thanks for all the help and instuction.it has been wonderful having all this info in one place.
    (as you can i'm hooked)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

lots of reasons.

1) I'm into the whole open-sorce software thing, so the piles of knowledge that people offer to each other here for free is really refreshing (I'm lookin' at you Jgro! and the aussie who did the control board, but his nick escapes me at the moment)

2) I've always wanted to be able to make complex machined parts for all sorts of other things (r/c, live steam and so on) but my hand-fab skillz are not quite leet. So hopefully I will only have to make 1 (or 2, maybe...) machines by hand, then I will be able to do lots of small accurate parts that I can draw in CAD, but cannot fab for the life of me!

3) It's not laser projectors, which is what I do for a living....

Cheers,
    Brad

Downloads
    Uploads

I come here because in my area there dose not seem to be any place to learn much and being new to this area I want to learn as much as I can. I also feel that building my own machine will be one of the best ways to learn, but I don't know enough to build one right now. and I come here because this has to be the best forum online no bikering no fighting and everyone is welcome with open arms I love it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by automizer
    I come here because this has to be the best forum online no bikering no fighting and everyone is welcome with open arms I love it.

Well said!

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I already know how to build a CNC. I'm building #2. I'm just looking for ways to improve them and make them more "professional".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I come here because it's a place where topics I consider fun, useful and interesting are discussed without rancor. 'Most everyone seems to be able to accept that experiences and opinions differ and avoid the strut-n-puff ego clashes.

It's pure entertainment for me, with the odd bit of new info thrown in for good measure. It's nice to be able to get away from the silly board politics that exists almost everywhere else.

Tiger

Downloads
    Uploads

Have Read Some Pritty Dam Funny Posts On This Site

Last edited by lakeside; 04-02-2006 at 11:47 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh man.. without reading all of this... why i visit cnczone...

well, i love the people. and i love the open forum. i even like that there are maybe 100 people who post and work together and generate these amazing proejcts, and there are probably 5,000 people reading our work... I think its great the things these people here are doing. I have built 2 fairly useless machines with information i learned here. i could have probablty finished a better machine if i had never found the zone..

All the great ideas here make me keep rethinking my own bad ideas and i am in a constant state of planning and brainstorming.. luckily i can post my brainstorms here for a real critique. from grizzled wisened CNC masters to 15 year old kids who want to build their own VMC with their parents money - CNCzone has it all..

We also have a great international exchange going on. people on the zone obviousely get far more from it than just cnc information.

This is good.

<3 cnczone.com

Robert

Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I voted "Other". I have an itch to start my own machining shop. I have and am hoping to gain insight form others. I am also willing to share my knowledge and back ground to help you if possible.

Downloads
    Uploads

I come here because the beer is cold and I have nothing better to do on a Saturday night. What are my choices really, Theres nothing on TV so I either have to come here or talk to the wife.

Downloads
    Uploads

Exactly.......

Ive got her convinced that I cant talk or listen and " work " on my computer at the same time.

This is pretty important stuff were working on here....

Halfnutz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast