Why do you visit CNCZone.com? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Why do you visit CNCZone.com?

Voters
643. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wish to learn about how to make my own CNC machine.

397 61.74%
  • I already have access to a machine and wish to learn how to use it better.

232 36.08%
  • I have a general interest in CNC, but won't be ever using or building one.

12 1.87%
  • I come here as a social outlet with other like minded people.

116 18.04%
  • I come here for mechanical interests other than CNC

77 11.98%
  • Other reasons ( Please state below)

51 7.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you visit CNCZone.com?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are some new ideas on CNCZone. I have a machine that about 80 percent complete, and although I have worked in CNC field service, I still enjoy the enthusiasm of the people who are building their machines. I do answer some questions for people who are really in need of assistance, and I am incorporating some new ideas into my machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I stumbled across this forum a few weeks ago. Already I have had some great help and made some new contacts.

Big thanks to the admin.

Downloads
    Uploads

I only found this site a week ago. So far I have found the site & forums very informative. I programme ( G code ) 6 production CNC Lathe. 5 Okumas & 1 Fanuc OT. I hope to pick up a few ideas & broaden my knowledge.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin
    Welcome and we will try to contuine to make it great, now tell a friend
    I've told some people already, and I'll tell everybody, if I can get a ride in Paul G's RV6A(?)!! I hope that ain't just an avatar!

I'm here to learn more, and hopefully be able to contribute by answering questions where I can. I do CNC at work, using Surfcam, so I'll be watching that forum, along with others. Great site.

Bill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have wanted to learn about CNC for many years, I just started a new job and met a friend , he was telling me what a great site this was. He Was RIGHT , I need to learn a lot more before I will have a machine up and running, but, I am a lot closer to it, Thanks to your great site, and helpfull members. Thanks Again Lew Riley.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in school getting my Associates Degree in Machine Tool and work as a CNC operator. I am looking to learn as much as I can, as fast as I can because pushing a start button isn't what I want to do the rest of my life. I want to learn programming, set-up, everything. I am very hungry for knowledge, but it is hard right know b/c I don't understand any of the stuff that is talked about. My CNC classes in school don't start until Summer. So I guess I will have to be patient. Can anybody maybe help me with basics?

Downloads
    Uploads

I am here to learn and Hopefully help others.

But as a buisness owner the people on this sight restores my faith in the human race!

hell I was begining to think I was a regular super genius! because you know- the part should actually be in the fixture before the start button is pushed... ;P

Employees, seems the good ones all open thier own businesses and the bad ones want to move in and call it home.

great sight and great people !

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I'm completly new to CNC, I've milled some stuff the old fashion way a few years ago from drawings but never put a computer to the task. I love building small projects the information posted here has help developed my present obsession to build a CNC Router. My past Obsession was to build a LCD Projector now that it's built and I'm satisfied with the Output( watching DVD's on a ten foot diagnol screen.). I want to learn something new and with a tangible Wow factor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Because all of the answers I need are here..

Murphy

Downloads
    Uploads

I like seeing the DIY machines and getting ideas from them, and maybe contribute one or two myself sometime.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all. I am new to this forum.(My firts post) I have always wanted to mill my own parts for rc, bikes, toys, and anything. Untill now I have used hacksaws, hammers, drills, drillpresses, dremels, bruises, blood and blisters to hack what i want out of aluminum plastic or steel. I have recently purchased a new maxnc 10 cl with the 4th axis and the digitizing probe. Hopefully with all of your help I'll be able to make it work. I have only a clue of want I want to do. This is the rite place to lurn and contribute.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My mind seems to take longer and longer to learn new things now and I want to learn how to be a machinist. So I guess I'm here to keep my brain sharp.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I am an old automotive tool maker that left the trade 25 years ago. I was enticed into the tool inspection world which lead to computer programing Zeiss coordiate measuring machines and instrument certification with HP laser systems. Took a few classes and ended up being a computer systems management geek.

Now I want to come back to the trade to get those creative jucies flowing again. The computer business is way to dog eat dog, and with all the offshoring of those jobs it has about zero future. I plan on setting up a small business to retire into and have a keen interest in the CNC world.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Klox
    There's so much combined knowledge here, that i learn a lot just from reading threads from top to bottom!
    I'm sometimes amazed on what some of the members achieve building their own machines, the designs some come up with & how these gets excecuted!

This place is heaven for likeminded people!

Klox
    Took the words away from me.

The amount that can be learned here is impressive - as long as you come in NOT assuming you already know more or have seen/done more than everybody else.

Seeing what some guys do and make with such limited tools is one of the most impressive things - making most of a CNC machine using a Skill saw and pipe - really cool, innovative stuff. It may not be a Fadal or Haas, but if you are NOT impressed by their inginutity or you don't think what they've done is cool-to-death then you probably won't fit in here.....move along, nothing to see...

Scott

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 20 years till retirement, gotta get busy now and learn this stuff.
    When I leave the "make money for the rich, workforce" I want to have my own woodworking shop. My "learning machine" is the first step. The Zone is my text book that will never be outdated. I can't even begin to imagine the what technology will be available in 20 years. But at least I will be aware of its existence when it gets here by being part of this community. I have already taken a interest in lasers.
    Baby get your checkbook, I feel a new obsession coming on!
    Chuck

Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Downloads
    Uploads

First of all, this is something I can do well. I dont have to worry about failing here, as long as I dont say too much. Its harmless. Its fun. There arent any laws against it (yet). Its interesting. I can log on here and usually learn something new within minutes. Its one of the few things I enjoy doing that doesent seem to bother the animals and the other humans that I live with. Its like Tinker Toys and Legoes with motors. Its fullfilling. Making something yourself that would cost thousands of dollars to buy. Its comradrerie without the risks of intimacy. I could go on and on. Why do people trainspot?

Halfnutz

Downloads
    Uploads

I find this site helpful for both aquiring and imparting knowledge.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm very interested in building an CNC and have been for a long time. I am in the process on getting things together to build one, if I can get my post thru.
    Can't seem to get it to work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just stumbled across this place today. I hope I can stay out of here enough to get some work done. Unbelievable amount of information here.

Am a former carpenter turned into a tooling smasher a few years ago, now manufacturing a clamp. Am hoping to learn all I can about servos, slides, drivers, amplifiers, encoders, programming and so on before I die. My clamp has lots of holes that need drilling and tapping. No sooner did I finally get a drilling/tapping machine together and figure how to program the plc, I wound up changing something on a different part and got 4 more new holes to tap and need another one. This time I want to try a looong XY table and computer built with ebay components where possible.

Have run so many screws in with a battery drill in the last 5 years, I had to get a carpal tunnel operation. There are 18 screws per clamp - ten of which are too short to blow feed.

So I got to learn what is compatible with what before I can even start buying stuff. So I guess I'll start checking back posts before asking old questions.

This is a great forum.

regards,

jimc

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to see a lot of CNC routers to build within my possibilities one with 4 spindles. To know where I can buy mechanical pieces and their prices. I don't see here machine with 3 o 4 spindles, i want one for me because i made wood carving and i must to produce more quickly to make my small business profitable. You can enter in my webpage to see what i make. By the way i can see cnc router with 3 or 4 spindles here? If not, where?
    i have an english, spanish and french version into (selfmade). My best regards, juan sanchez.
    http//geocities.com/grabadosjapansa

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast