Job satisfaction poll

View Poll Results: Job satisfaction?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! Wouldn't do anything else. I live for this.

3 25.00%
  • I enjoy it but would like to see some changes in the industry and/or my job

8 66.67%
  • It's okay. It's a paycheck.

1 8.33%
  • I hate my job and my profession. I'd flip burgers instead if it paid the same

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Job satisfaction poll

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Job satisfaction poll

Hi all, I'm a machining student just wanting to get an idea of job satisfaction in the trade. Please elaborate if you have the time. Tell me your overall satisfaction, what you like/dislike about the job and the trade, and improvements that you'd like to see made in the industry.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Job satisfaction poll

Hi
    Love the job wouldn`t change it for anything. It is sometimes a challenge but that is the appeal. Problem solving. Best way to describe it is that if someone is adamant that something can`t be done i`ll find a way of proving them wrong . As for the industry as a whole , can`t really comment . I have a narrow view as i`m pretty much my own boss as regards shop floor/design/programming/ setting/and running so what the rest of the industy does or does not do is of little concern to me.

I would say stick at it my friend it can be as rewarding and satisfying in as equal measure as it can be frustrating and challenging.
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with what Routerfiend says. It's the challenge and the problem solving that appeals to me. I'm self employed so maybe not the best to comment on working for someone else. I hate production work, but sometimes I have to make short runs (200-300 pieces) just to accommodate customers. I could not work in a production shop, it would drive me nuts in a short time. The most fun part of what I do is repairs to just about anything and machine design/building. I also do a fair amount of fixture design/build and tool & die work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love my job, i did some production work in the past and could not stand it. my current job i am doing something else pretty much every day. like others said problem solving is alot of fun. I worked in a large punching factory doing die maintenance which got boring after a few months so my advice would be to try and find a job in a small machine shop that does custom machining jobs/ one offs.