What Is your interest in CNC? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What Is your interest in CNC?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a professional CNC programmer.

117 28.47%
  • I'm a professional CNC machine operator.

50 12.17%
  • Never used it until I built my own CNC machine.

94 22.87%
  • Never used it but plan on building a CNC machine.

119 28.95%
  • Its just a casual interest, with no plans or expectations.

15 3.65%
  • I'm an electronics technician who repairs CNC equipment.

16 3.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is your interest in CNC?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i program and operate so i didnt know how to answer, i chose program

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been burning metal for several years. I started looking into commercial machines that would do my cutting for me and quickly decided I couldn't afford that. So I built my own, and I now have 2 different projects in the works, with one more to come, on top of my cnc oxyfuel/plasma, which I use quite often.
    I am building a HUGE bridge and rail design plasma/oxyfuel/router, and a smallish router. Next on the list is a combo mil/lathe.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The CNC bug bites hard. I use a CNC mill at work all the time to perform a simple, repetative face procedure, and got hooked on learning about it since the first day i learned to do a linear mill G-code. The best thing, and part reason why i am persuing it as a hobby, is that once i become even slightly profecient, i can make just about anything. I am concentrating on software right now so i dont have to learn G-code from scratch, but have made plans for a CNC router using Alibre. Cant wait until i can start production, even though i am a ways off.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I need a reason ? Can't I just have one because it's cool ? I just like to build stuff (hence "Busybuildr"), and have built reflecting telescopes, R/C models, even tools (built my table saw base, extension and built-in router cabinet). Currently working on a full scale Ghostbusters Proton Pack for my nephew - how's that for varied interests ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Im planing to build my router cnc soon

this is my interrest Im planing to built a router for my self.

Any advice?

thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My job is a technician, I repair big cnc machines ie Morbidelli,Biesie,Homag Bazz, Anderson, Scm as well as other cnc type machines for the woodwork industry. But I love playing with stepper motors. I have built a cnc foam cutter and currently working on a 3axis router on a small scale.
    My hobby is building and flying remote control aircraft.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default None of the above...too.

A company I used to work for was unloading old machine tools, and I bought a Bridgeport with Anilam Crusader II, and they threw in all the software, books and blueprints.

Price was cheaper than building my own, so that is my interest; but I'm by no means a professional.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

28 years as a Tool & Die Maker Jig & Fixture/ Welder. I was doing a project for myself and I wanted to do and inside Rad with multi steps. Man I tried with my router I really did, and I just could not hold any kind of tolerence, and I wanted a bunch of parts. I found after 6 months online and talking to 50 different people, a K2CNC with Mach3, WOW are my Rads nice now. And I can make loads of them. Plus I'am still trying to learn mastercam that will help a lot more. My passion for learing to programm and push the cycle start and make parts is an absolute nut off. What a retirement tool this machine can be.And there are so many clever guys on the zone. Talent zone is what we should call this. Hands free, and thinking in 3D, is where it's at...

9lrac9

Downloads
    Uploads

hard to decide what is my interest, to operate, to programming both of is exciting... after several year on conventional machines it's just a vacation, when the program is ready and the machine do what exactly need... less so called testpieces:-))))
    what is really interest that 's the optimalization, i mean where is not only a few object, pockets on one workpices, but where the elements close to the hundreds or more
    anyway the past can help me, because the experience, what a tool can stand or where should be the limit in one pass that came greatly when i just used conventional machines.. even to find out a feedrate.... or just to fix a workpiece.... somehow the wise not so universal.... i like better to clamping stuff...

Downloads
    Uploads

Have not used one myself but have seen many used. i just needed a new hobby and cnc really interested me.

Rob C
    Mechanical Designer/ Welder Fabricator.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am a person interested in CNC because I need the ability to make some parts for an invention. There are proprietary reasons for making them myself. Therefore, I need to learn CNC milling and perhaps even more. Seems interesting anyway. I believe your only limit is your imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What Is your interest in CNC?

Now CNC machine has already been one part of my work everyday, now I have get much more and more familiar about it.

ISweek(http://www.isweek.com/)- Industry sourcing & Wholesale industrial products

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What Is your interest in CNC?

I’ve been a CNC programmer for about 27 years and now I do just a few threading programs for our shop in Houston due to the manufacturing plant here in Yorktown closing in 2015. We had various machines and control types from Fanuc, Mazatrol, Okuma and even a Fadal. Didn’t really care for the Fadal just because the setup was so different than everything else we had I was usually helping someone to get it running. But writing Macros was something I really enjoyed the most. We had one old J&L with a retrofit Fanuc control come in from one of our other plants that had the Macro option on it. I learned how to write macros on it because we did not have an operator running it during the day and at the time I had no way of proofing out the program except on the machine (later I thankfully found NC-Plot) . I also figured out what parameters turned different options on for each Fanuc control that we had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12