CNC machine

View Poll Results: If I could make a CNC decktop starter kit for under £800/$1,458 would people buy it?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

33 53.23%
  • no

29 46.77%

Thread: CNC machine

Downloads
    Uploads

it depends.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What would be included in the kit? What material would the frame be made of? What type of linear motion components would be included? Will motors be included? What Type? Will the controler be included? We will need a lot more infomation before knowing weather the price is something we would be willing to pay. K2CNC makes a aluminum frame kit for a 14 x 14 x 3 router for $1150. Add Stepper motor & Gecko Controller for another $750.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

if i could make the controller it would probably be included as cost would be cheaper, the main frame i was thinking aluminium as there are a few parts makers arouns, titanium skate baring lol if cost affective, screw thred and nut type for movin the bed ect, just toying with the idea at the moment as theres not much in the way of home use desktop CNC routers available on the marked thei i can see that are cheap, and they all seem to be little for the ££/$$..

any suggestions welcome, as you have prob gessed im new to this and may have my head deap in the sand but i'm willing to look into it if people are intrested.... I have a few things i wouldnt mind doing on a CNC router and there must be others, modelers, diy'ers ect like me. but i got put off from them by the ££/$$ of the available kits and lacking in some of the knolage (at hand through friends) find it hard to consive building one from scratch.

soz for the blabbering
    darv

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Well....

.... build it better, price it more competitively, under-promise and over-deliver, keep it simple, don't try to be all things to all people, limit the options, keep it entry level... and you just might have an idea there...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

dawie22
    one further hint ..spellcheck.
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

soz about the spelling, cant spell to save my life and get annoyed with the spell checkers but will try,

will keep in mind what you have sayed Dave.. ideas at the moment but could be fun

Downloads
    Uploads

if you could market it to people who do not have many computer skills or electronic skills, you could reach a much larger audience. Many carpenters, artists, and schools could use this kit. The instructions would have to be very detailed though, step by step with pictures, and support could be a nightmare. hobby cnc motors would be nice, as for the material, aluminum would raise the price. Do you have a picture or diagram of a prototype?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Drawings Im going to start working on in cad.. Skill wise, if i can make one anyone can. Except for the computer skills Im quite good on , but that can be worked on

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's My Post I am making different level kits for people. depending on their build level.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10067

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Short answer.... yes. But not from someone that has yet to build one.

I plan on getting the kit that joe2000che sells if he is still doing it. Reason for picking him is he gave a very complete history of building his machine in this forum.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry for the delays in replys, a few things have come up, but will be back on the case shortly, and aye i know i havent built ine yet but an idea for the not so long away

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC machine

For me, it's a little too expensive. But sometime depends .......

ISweek(http://www.isweek.com/)- Industry sourcing & Wholesale industrial products