Plasmacam: Torch moves forward for 2 seconds and stop firing.

Thread: Plasmacam: Torch moves forward for 2 seconds and stop firing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Plasmacam: Torch moves forward for 2 seconds and stop firing.

HI,
    When I start cutting using my Plasmacam table, after piercing the torch continues firing only upto 2 seconds on path. Then the machine stops and the error- 'Torch cutting signal was lost, Check wiring , power or Turn off option' is displayed. I was working on it for the past two days, but wasn't able to get the problem resolved. What I may be doing wrong?
    Controller- DHC2
    Regards

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plasmacam: Torch moves forward for 2 seconds and stop firing.-screenshot-154-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Plasmacam: Torch moves forward for 2 seconds and stop firing.

The cutting signal being lost could be due to a few different reasons. 99% of the time this problem has some pretty easy solutions and can be fixed in a under 2 minutes.The problem almost always has to do with something affecting the actual power source (the plasma cutter itself) and not necessarily with the plasmacam's system. I have had it happen a few times and they where due to lack of air flow from my compressor and another time when I had too much moisture in my air lines going to the cutter (my air dryer was accidentally turned off!). In both instances, I was back in action within a minute and a half.

The very best thing to do would be to call plasmacam's tech department and they will get you back in the game FAST. If I ever encounter a issue with the machine and I cant solve the problem within 15 minutes by myself, I have found it a lot better to give plasmacam's tech department a call immediately rather than wasting a bunch of time getting frustrated. They are EXTREMELY good and helpful when it comes to trouble shooting the machine. Realistically, they should be first ones who you should call ASAP in any situation that you need help. They have saved me plenty of times in the past and best of all,they have saved me a TON and money each time I needed help.

Good Luck Brother,

JAG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I tried removing excess moisture from the compressor and it was OK..
    One other critical issue I'm facing occasionally is,
    - The torch fires and won't move ahead. i.e it just pierces continuously for sometime.
    I've checked the piercing time and it's just .5 sec. ( I'm cutting a 1mm sheet). But the torch is continuously piercing for about 3-5 seconds and won't move ahead.
    And the other important thing to note is that this happens suddenly after some successful cuts using the machine. No changes were done after the successful cut.

regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check your machine control setting and make sure the box that says "wait before signal before moving" is checked. I have my "time to pierce path" value under the time delay setting at .3 seconds (for a hypertherm cutter). .5 seconds may be too long unless you are using a cutmaster plasma cutter.
    if you problem persists, make sure to call plasmacams tech team. They can provide some good advice on the correct time delays that will work best with your particular cutter on the machine.

Good Luck Brother

JAG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if you solved this problem, but I'd suggest checking your ground connection.

Our table was doing this exact thing and it turns out that we had a bad ground connection so the circuit wasn't completing once the plasma torch went from a test to operation (which is 5 seconds). Frustrating as crap until I figured that out.