Need Help! Setting for sheet metal

Thread: Setting for sheet metal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Setting for sheet metal

I am a new shop teacher and inherited some older equipment that I'm trying my best to get working. Any input or advise is greatly appreciated. If there are other resources that you can recommend, that would also be a huge help. What I am working with and trying to cut are listed below:

PlasmaCam DCH running the older version of the software
    Miller Spectrum Xtreme 625 plasma cutter
    24 gauge cold rolled sheet metal

Looking for best settings, amps, speed, height, anything that will result in a good clean cut.

Thank you,

CP

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Setting for sheet metal

24ga mild steel cut speed is pretty fast. Don't know what cut speeds your machine is capable of but you may have to reduce the amperage to get the best cut at slower speeds.
    Your owners manual for the plasma cutter has all the recommended cut speeds. Those are always the best starting point and then you can adjust as necessary. The manual should also list pierce height, cut height etc. You can also probably find other users of your specific plasma cutter on the CNC or plasma web forums and get some recommendations. If you don't have the manual here is a link to one
    http://eagleplasma.com/cutters/manual-miller625.pdf
    And here's a link to just the cut speed chart
    http://eagleplasma.com/cutters/cut-chart-miller625.pdf
    You can also try calling or email any of the plasma machine dealers who use or recommend your plasma cutter. Additionally there is always Miller support. They may offer help and advice.
    Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Setting for sheet metal

Most of the parameters for cutting the 24 ga material (ie cut speed, torch to work distance and consumable configuration, if necessary) will be found in the actual manual for your miller plasma cutter. I would also recommend reviewing a copy of the video manual that originally came with the plasmacam system if you have not already. Make sure to also utilize plasmacams online owners community, because it is an excellent resource for information and it is accessible 24hrs a day.

There are some upgrades that you can get for the older DHC that can make it into a new machine. If you need any help, plasmacam tech department can be a big help. Make sure to reach out to them for help on anything related to your machine.

Good Luck Brother

JAG