Need a Lift? - PlasmaCAM / Samson 510

Thread: Need a Lift? - PlasmaCAM / Samson 510

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need a Lift? - PlasmaCAM / Samson 510

This is a short video demonstrating the working prototype of my Rail Lift Kit, still in development. I hope to have it available for sale in time for summer of 2017.

The gantry and carriage are just as stable and accurate at full extension (29") as they are at the stock table height of only two inches of gantry to grate clearance.

This will be a MUST HAVE accessory for serious DHC2 and Samson 510 table owners.

Some of the planned or already developed features:

- 6" of Z-axis travel (currently requires CSU upgrade)

- Cut round tubing and pipe up to 36" diameter and ANY length WITHOUT the PlasmaCam pipe cutter or software upgrade. (currently requires CSU upgrade for any size over 13.5" diameter)

- 360 degree ability to cut square, rectangular and odd-shaped tubing up to maximum clearance capacity

- Cut angle iron, T-bar, C-channel, I-beams and more (currently requires HCA or HCU, and MCU upgrades)

- Route wood poles and columns like a lathe. Turn square wooden poles into round carvings, railing pickets and more.

- use any process on conical shaped metal, wood, plastic and more

- use any process on a round ball up to 36" diameter

- even more on the drawing board!

Full details will be published on my own website when the kit is available for purchase. Heck, I don't even have the business officially set up ... yet :mrgreen:

Joe Jones

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need a Lift? - PlasmaCAM / Samson 510

Looks very nice. Can you post a video of it in action? The ball looks really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremiah
    PM45 CNC Build in Progress

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. The ball is a Google image I found to illustrate what this MAY be capable of, going into 2017. I am developing the unit now. The lift is functional, and there aren't any "bugs" in the operation, but I want to clean up the mounting brackets and other things before I put a kit together to sell.

This lift will be worth the money, I promise! I am going to make the PlasmaCam and Samson 510 tables do more than the manufacturers ever imagined.

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

I am getting closer to making this a reality. I have my LLC set up and now I just need to get to the bank for my $150K LoC on my home. Once I do that, I can move forward by completing the prototype and putting out kits for sale. That should be available around July or august of 2017, IF all goes well.

Joe