Newbie I NEED HELP WITH GENERAL PLASMACAM SETTINGS, ROUGH CUTS, SPRAW AND LARGE PIERCE HOLE

Thread: I NEED HELP WITH GENERAL PLASMACAM SETTINGS, ROUGH CUTS, SPRAW AND LARGE PIERCE HOLE

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I NEED HELP WITH GENERAL PLASMACAM SETTINGS, ROUGH CUTS, SPRAW AND LARGE PIERCE HOLE

Hello
    I have a plasmacam problem. I have had unit in shop for years and used to cut some rough parts. Now I want to do some more precise detail work and cannot get the unit dialed in. I am at my whits end and have spent a couple hours trying to get it to get it cut a clean part. No luck.
    I am cutting a new piece of 1/8" steel .131 10ga. It always pierces and makes a large hole then the cut is always jagged with lots of spraw. I am sure someone has someone has the settings and can help me out. I'm sure several of my settings are off, from psi to speeds.
    Thanks for reading my post.

Jc

AIR PRESSURE 120 PSI
    HYPOTHERM POWERMAX 85 SET AT 75AMP
    STANDARD ELECTRODE AND NOZZLE THAT CAME WITH UNIT, I HAVEN'T CHANGED.

### PLASMACAM HEIGHT CONTROL IN SETUP SCREEN

Z AXIS MOTION

Z SPEED AXIS 104.5
    X RAISE AND LOWER BETWEEN CUTS
    HEIGHT FOR RAPID TRAVEL 0.5
    HEIGHT FOR PIERCE (INCH) 0.5
    X SENSE MATERIAL TO SET HEIGHT
    OVERALL FOR SENSE (INCH) 1
    MATERIAL THICKNESS INCH/GA 10

DIGITAL HEIGHT CONTROL

X USE TORCH HEIGHT CONTROL
    CUTTING HEIGHT (INCH) .5