Newbie seeing is believing..........

Thread: seeing is believing..........

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default seeing is believing..........

Hi all,
    New to this forum but after browsing around it know there is a wealth of info here.

I'm in the market for a plasmacam, have talked to them a few times. I would really like to see one in action before I plunk down the cash. They can't give out names of owners in or within a state of my area (northern IL) which is understandable.

Is there anyone here who could give me some insight on the machine, I'm looking at the 4x4. To be able to see it working would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

You can find all kinds of YouTube videos if you want to see one run.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: seeing is believing..........

Hi Dave,
    My partner just bought one of their 5x10 machines. It comes with a video instruction manual which s pretty straight forward. I took us about 4 or 5 hours to assemble the machine and probably another 4 or 5 to set up the Hyperthem Plasma cutter, do all the testing and get it up and running. We did have some issues with grounding the grates and some parallel port issues but their tech support helped us. the software is .pretty easy to use but for real design a CAD program would be better. You can import .jpg and .dxf files. yes, there was a learning curve but it wasn't too bad. The biggest learning area was what to set all the machine settings at for the height control used for running the torch, turning it on and off ect.Hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: seeing is believing..........

Hey Bobcat!

Seeing a plasmacam cutting in action is definitely pretty sweet. I figured that if you haven't seen one yet, this might be the next best thing:

Plasma cam's integrated cad/cam software (designedge) is extremely user friendly and really fun to use. There are a similar (and good) plasma cutting machines out there, but none of them will get your ideas on metal as quickly as one of these babys.

I hope that you enjoy!

- J

P.S. PM me and I'll mail you the cut out if you'd like.