Go Torch - Trouble

Thread: Go Torch - Trouble

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Go Torch - Trouble

Hi guys!
    I just get one of the Go Torch small plasma cutting table and get so excited , but the excitement very quickly turned to disaster!
    When i install the software i fined out that actually ,this software is only to run the CNC table like for demo purpose only!
    No THC software, no metrics,no drawing software-nothing actually is included on the original disc!
    OK ,i said maybe when i log to the owner's community site ,i will get some upgrade and everything will start working!
    Yes,but not-that's what i get from them: https://owners-community.com/order_parts.php?sid= ,every each software they are selling separately ,
    for the price between $998 and $1998.
    So "thanks " Go Torch !
    Now PLEASE ,if any one know if i can be able to used Mach-3 to run the control box of GoTorch( Plasmacam) to let me know!
    Which ports & pins numbers i can use to put in Mach-3?
    Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Little late reply, did you ever get this figured out? I got mine working by using sheetcam to convert dxf's into cut path. I then export G-code with the plasmacam post file. Then I import the file to the plasmacam software and cut away. This doesn't help with height control though.

I have a go torch with basic software but I use another computer with plasma cam 3.11 soft ware and do all the work on that and transfer work on a stick you can down load the programme serch google is this any help thanks andy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Go Torch - Trouble

I am trying to by go Torch, are you guys happy with the machine

Downloads
    Uploads

I have owned a GoTorch for about a year (I also have a PlasmaCam 4 x 4 table.....same company). I bought my GoTorch with the advanced software and advanced height control. It is an absolutely amazing machine.....very easy to learn and easy to use. In its stripped form (about $3000) it can import already drawn DXF (Auto cad format) drawings......and it has no height control. GoTorch is very clear about its capabilities....and there is nowhere else that you can buy a 2 x 2 cnc plasma machine for $3000 that has servo drives as well as a motorized Z axis. For cutting on part at a time it is a great little machine.

If you want the best performance, upgrade the software (brings the price up to about $7k) with advanced CAD/CAM and full advanced height control.....and the machine will automatically maintain correct height (better cut quality, better plasma torch consumable life) and you will also have one of the best CAD drawing packages that makes plasma cutting easy. I recommend the full upgrades.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Go torch seems to be a pretty affordable options for those that would like to get their foot in the door with a quality machine at a killer price. However, I do know that it is worth it to consider getting the basic design or the advanced design program for this machine. The advanced version of DesignEDGE is advisable because it is by far the best design cad program that I have used for CNC plasma.

I and most people that have experienced MACH in lieu of plasmacam's program (espeicialled their advanced program), will tell you that plasmacam's designedge program is far easier and much more enjoyable to deal with. I may be mistaken about others, but I know that the primary reason why I considered a plasmacam in the first placed was to avoid having to deal MACH (It gives me a migraine thinking about some of the hassles that you have to deal with MACH for CNC plasma).

JAG

Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered two Go torch machines off of eBay. THey were advertised by PlasmaCam, under the pseudonym "GoTorch" for $2,995.00 + $500.00 shipping. I purchased BOTH of them, and PlasmaCam promptly canceled the order, claiming they are "out of stock". At the same time they have redone their GoTorch sales order form and raised the price by $1,000.00 to $3,995.00. PlasmaCam does not want to sell these machines to me out of pure SPITE. An "out of stock" issue is NOT a reason to cancel two perfectly good orders. I am willing to wait six months or more for the machines, but PlasmaCam is up to it's old games AGAIN.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by phillyzj View Post
    Little late reply, did you ever get this figured out? I got mine working by using sheetcam to convert dxf's into cut path. I then export G-code with the plasmacam post file. Then I import the file to the plasmacam software and cut away. This doesn't help with height control though.
    Hi!
    I never use the machine and i did sold it 3 weeks after i get it!
    Now i build my own machines( Oggie's Plasma CNC) and selling them!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the information and video Joe. Why does this company with good products try so hard to put it self out of business?
    What's with the all exclusive Owners Community, when I all I want to do is obtain pre-purchase product information?
    Buying a used machine you have to apply for 'Transfer of Ownership' papers, what's up with that?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sales tactics.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Owners Community is a Plasmacam owners only site that provides a good way for the machine owners to help each other with learning curve, technical issues and tips and tricks of the trade. It locks out posts from non owners in order to remain focused on owners helping other owners. Plasmacam figures that the distractions from non owners and drama that comes along with it would not help. I tend to agree with them. Joe....who posted her is a constant poster on the Plasmacam site and has been very outspoken regarding his thoughts on how Plasmacam should be operated, however I suspect Plasmacam will continue to run their highly successful company the way they designed it to run. The owners forum is not a sales tool. To find sales info and machine pricing you need to call their sales phone number listed on the web site.

Plasmacam has their own CAD/CAM/ machine control software package (it is pretty nice), most other manufacturers use software developed by other companies. Like all good quality software it requires a license in order to protect the developers intellectual property rights (to stop people from copying the software). The "papers" are simply a transfer of the software license when a machine is sold so that the new owner has access to upgrades and revisions to the software. Without transferring the ability for revisions....a new owner is just losing out in regards to improvements.

I have owned Plasmacam machines (3 of them) for close to 18 years, my current machine is over 12 years old. I have been satisfied with the Plasmacam machine as well as with parts and service availability, and I think the majority of owners have as well. For those that do not like the way they do business....there are at least 30 other manufacturers of entry level CNC plasma cutting machines in the US and Canada (many more worldwide).....so a lot of choices!

I do not know all of the issues with Joes attempted purchase on Ebay....so no comments regarding that! Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by metalfixer View Post
    Thanks for the information and video Joe. Why does this company with good products try so hard to put it self out of business?
    What's with the all exclusive Owners Community, when I all I want to do is obtain pre-purchase product information?
    Buying a used machine you have to apply for 'Transfer of Ownership' papers, what's up with that?