Badly traced dxfs on a plasma cam

Thread: Badly traced dxfs on a plasma cam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Badly traced dxfs on a plasma cam

I am considering a plasmacam, I currently work at a fab shop with a waterjet and want to do similar things on the side and the tiny plasma tables are what is in my price range. my question is, A lot of times ill use third party software to trace a jpeg or other image file to a dxf, sometimes the jpegs are low quality and result in a pretty sketchy dxf, usually this isn't a problem on the $300K machine with no heat affected zone or dross, the end result is acceptable. what kind of clean up would I have to do on something like this on the plasma cam im guessing all of the tick marks and small detail "blobs" would have to changed to single lines?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been playing with a friends new plasma cam and very surprised how easy cleanup is with their software. Had somebody just trace out an item, scanned it had 600 dpi and within three minutes we were cutting it out. Use the smoothing option with a .01 smooth and everything looked great.

Downloads
    Uploads

With PlasmaCams latest software (Design Edge") scanning in a file and converting it to a .dxf is easy. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but it is the best software I have used to do this task.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by berkbria View Post
    I am considering a plasmacam, I currently work at a fab shop with a waterjet and want to do similar things on the side and the tiny plasma tables are what is in my price range. my question is, A lot of times ill use third party software to trace a jpeg or other image file to a dxf, sometimes the jpegs are low quality and result in a pretty sketchy dxf, usually this isn't a problem on the $300K machine with no heat affected zone or dross, the end result is acceptable. what kind of clean up would I have to do on something like this on the plasma cam im guessing all of the tick marks and small detail "blobs" would have to changed to single lines?