Need Help! Z axis Error message

Thread: Z axis Error message

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z axis Error message

I just purchased Plasmacam from a company. The table was used for demonstration on expo's and really cut just one time. I think an unexperienced user assembled table wrong and something bad happen. I'm talking about connecting wrong x and y cables. They told me that the gantry try to go home and hit the end of carriage. Is true because when i verifyed the tooth belt is very used in a small portion.

Anyway... the transaction was a bargain and at that time i thought i can repair.
    Every test is ok. I got response from encoders. But i got this message: short circuit in power to one or more of these motors: carriage gantry Z.

I really think it's a wonderfull machine and don't desirve to just sit there unused.
    Anybody experienced same error? Any solve to this problem?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Problem solved.
    If admin think this post must stay it's ok. If not please delete.
    Anyway.....
    After i read the error message i realize that is something wrong with servo motor on y axis (carriage gantry z).
    I removed the end of motor and connect the red and black wire to 24v power supply.
    Gwess what?!! The motor is spinning. Same thing i did with the X motor.
    Both motors are good.

I looked in plasmacam command box for any power transistors with signs of damage but all look good so i decided to remove all power transistors and test it.
    A very good tutorial i find on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfV7gYChILc]How To Test An IGBT Transistor With A Digital Multimeter DMM - YouTube

In the group of 12 transistors one is found broken.

I decided to replace all 12pc of IRF840 transistors . (less than 1$ / pc)

Is very necessary to advise you working with special care and attention because electronics found in control box looks very fragile.

I put it all toghether and my Plasmacam is reborn.

Sorry for my bad english. If informations are usefull please rewrite'it in a readable english and post again

Enjoy!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z axis Error message

Where were the transistors? What did you pull them out of?
    we are having the same issue with ours