Would like to build a CNC Plazma Cutting table, advice greatly appreciated.

Thread: Would like to build a CNC Plazma Cutting table, advice greatly appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Would like to build a CNC Plazma Cutting table, advice greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have a fiberglass shop and often need metal parts to go with, so
    I have decided to build my own Plazma cutting machine. I need at least a 4'x4'
    with high accuracy and a THC and a water pan because I am gonna cut thin
    sheet metal (16ga). Does anyone know of a good set of plans that would be easy
    to follow, preferably using mostly off the shelf parts and better yet if there is a supplied
    Gantry/Carriage kit? I like the idea of using Aluminum Gantry with the V-groove wheels.
    I do not have tons of money so am on a budget like most out there...

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Would like to build a CNC Plazma Cutting table, advice greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MoPower View Post
    Hi, I have a fiberglass shop and often need metal parts to go with, so
    I have decided to build my own Plazma cutting machine. I need at least a 4'x4'
    with high accuracy and a THC and a water pan because I am gonna cut thin
    sheet metal (16ga). Does anyone know of a good set of plans that would be easy
    to follow, preferably using mostly off the shelf parts and better yet if there is a supplied
    Gantry/Carriage kit? I like the idea of using Aluminum Gantry with the V-groove wheels.
    I do not have tons of money so am on a budget like most out there...
    Anybody out there?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Would like to build a CNC Plazma Cutting table, advice greatly appreciated.

Maybe take a look at Ebay. There are all kinds of gantry kits there. I just took a quick look, and the kits seem a bit expensive. But you might be able to beat those prices a bit.

I just found this also, might be useful. DIY Plasma CNC Table Plans Shop tools; plate marker; plasma cutter; wood routing | eBay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Maybe take a look at Ebay. There are all kinds of gantry kits there. I just took a quick look, and the kits seem a bit expensive. But you might be able to beat those prices a bit.

I just found this also, might be useful. DIY Plasma CNC Table Plans Shop tools; plate marker; plasma cutter; wood routing | eBay
    Thanks for your reply Jim, I'm gonna request some more pics of that one, its very hard to see anything.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How about this one? seems like it has all the bells and whistles I wanted. The guy sent me some pics in a 4x8 version too.
    Anybody have experience with this one? Any comments on the design?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...69130-cnc.html

Downloads
    Uploads

No experience, but it looks like a nice design.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seems a little weird that the 2 side carriages only have 2 v-groove wheels on top and none on bottom. Does that make sense?