4x4 chain drive plasma build

Thread: 4x4 chain drive plasma build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4x4 chain drive plasma build

So I have looked at I think hundreds of builds here and on other sites dreaming of my own table and now it has officially started so I thought I should share it on here hoping it helps others like it helped me. My posts maybe slow as I will be building as I have time and money. So enjoy and feel free to comment and steer me in the right direction i am kind of going in blind here as far as electronics and stuff goes fabrication is not a problem though so lots of learning. Stay tuned lol

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4x4 chain drive plasma build

Trying to post pics here not sure how can anyone tell me how?

Last edited by kermit582; 11-27-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kermit582 View Post
    Trying to post pics here not sure how can anyone tell me how?
    Pics

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161127_120005-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pics
    Had some time tonight so I made and installed the "x" rail adjusters. Borrowed this from someone on cnczone thanks to whoever it was.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161128_195707-jpg   4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161128_195655-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Had some time tonight so I made and installed the "x" rail adjusters. Borrowed this from someone on cnczone thanks to whoever it was.
    So we have a gantry!! Built it today seems to be rolling pretty good might have to adjust the roller tension a little to get it smooth but it rolls ok next is going to be the carriage for the "y" axis.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161202_165521-jpg   4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161202_165552-jpg   4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161202_165538-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So we have a gantry!! Built it today seems to be rolling pretty good might have to adjust the roller tension a little to get it smooth but it rolls ok next is going to be the carriage for the "y" axis.
    Ok so my gantry would not mark a square corner and was not plumb I messed around with it and ended up rebuilding it now it is good. I am planning on using arduino with grbl I had a hard time flashing the board but I think I have it now but the programming gcode sender would not work so I am trying grbl panel I down loaded it and I can not get it to open I have no idea why on another forum a guy said just click the application file well I can not find one so I am stumped if anyone knows what might be wrong please let me know. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161210_105042-jpg   4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161212_190848-jpg   4x4 chain drive plasma build-img_20161212_190900-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so my gantry would not mark a square corner and was not plumb I messed around with it and ended up rebuilding it now it is good. I am planning on using arduino with grbl I had a hard time flashing the board but I think I have it now but the programming gcode sender would not work so I am trying grbl panel I down loaded it and I can not get it to open I have no idea why on another forum a guy said just click the application file well I can not find one so I am stumped if anyone knows what might be wrong please let me know. Thanks
    Finally got grbl panel to work i had to down load a different file that had the application file in it now it works just habe to wire motors and cnc sheild and try to make the motors move!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got grbl panel to work i had to down load a different file that had the application file in it now it works just habe to wire motors and cnc sheild and try to make the motors move!
    i like what you are doing here. The adjustments on everything make a lot of sense.

Any links to the file you needed to download to make the grbl work?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ManInWindow View Post
    i like what you are doing here. The adjustments on everything make a lot of sense.

Any links to the file you needed to download to make the grbl work?
    Sorry for taking so long to reply have not been on here in awhilelol i ended up using a program called xloader to load grbl on to the arduino board all the open source software is at github so it was all working and moving around but when i calibrated the table i reduced the steps/ mm in the grbl settings and it won't run smooth i have narrowed it down to the drivers not giving enough current so i ordered kl 4030 drivers from automation technologies hopfully that will fix the missed steps and creepy noises lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4x4 chain drive plasma build

Anyone else building an arduino based plasma? I would like to know what to change in grbl to run the torch.