Need Help! Newbie with a question about gear racks for a new 4 * 4 plasma table Build

Thread: Newbie with a question about gear racks for a new 4 * 4 plasma table Build

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Newbie with a question about gear racks for a new 4 * 4 plasma table Build

I am building a table and I need to know what the normal size gear racks I should use. I am building my machine loosely off of the drawings found from PrecisionPlasmaLLC's website.
    I need to purchase 2 ea. 60" long gear racks and their drawing calls for 24 pitch * 14 degree rack. So far I only find this available in 1/4 wide dimensions. This seems kind of narrow to me, but I am not really sure what thickness or width is normally used. Also I am finding it difficult to find the gear racks that are already pre-drilled for easier mounting. Does anyone know of a place in the USA where I can buy this from or does anyone have any information they can share with me. I wonder if using that pitch really matters because I think I would really rather have a wider gear track. It seems like it would wear longer???

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie with a question about gear racks for a new 4 * 4 plasma table Build

edclayton1,

I am in the same boat as you. I am doing a lot of research at the present time so if I come across anything that looks good I will let you know. Please do the same for me.

Bobby

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie with a question about gear racks for a new 4 * 4 plasma table Build

That is what I used and it works good with 3m tape. I got mine off Ebay from StencilShack and need more but he hasn't emailed me back. Good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 20DP-20PA rack that was designed to work with the 8020 extrusions. It's .500" x .750" with holes drilled and C'bored through the side. Feel free to call or msg for the print and pricing.

Diane@mooregear.com
    573-486-5415

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No personal experience but lots of folks here have gone with Moore Gear for their rack...