New Machine Build 4x6 Plasmabot 3.0 Build with Keling Controller & CandCNC LCTHC & Powermax 1250 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x6 Plasmabot 3.0 Build with Keling Controller & CandCNC LCTHC & Powermax 1250

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am going to fire my table up one night this week with the torch for the first time! I have ran numerous parts without the torch on for the past few weeks. I got all my water table done, slats are installed, drain plumbed and so on. I worked on all my cable chain and got it installed and all the wiring ran. I do need to trim up some of the limit switch wiring and put new ends on and after that, its GAME ON!

I'll update with pics this week.

Downloads
    Uploads

Really interested in hearing how it's working out.
    Looks great, BTW.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Everything is working properly, its now all about fine tuning the machine.

I have not tried to do much with the LCTHC lately, just trying to work out kinks such as material moving around occaisionally. I will build a clamping system for it. The THC is not having problems and I always run with it, but what I mean is, I haven't tried corrugated metal or severly warped metal to see how it responds.

I need to get the water table finished plumbing up with a water tank. The tank will be super easy, as I have someone on CL selling used food grade plastic containers (blue 55 gallon) for $20 washed out.

It will be a simple air chuck installed on the top portion of the tanks and a 1" piping system to fill/drain the table. I figured the volume of my tank to get my gallons and I need around 75 gallons of water to fill mine to 1/4" below the slats.

I am devoting some serious time to the machine here over the next few days and will update my build thread! It is Exciting as Hell, but also frustrating at the same time. But, I believe the excitement will prevail!

Last edited by Nacs Fab; 12-19-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nacs Fab View Post
    Everything is working properly, its now all about fine tuning the machine.
    Nacs

Nice job on your build!......And thanks for taking the time to pic and detail everything, I am building the plasmabot 5.0 and am still waiting on parts to come in, I do not have the room in my shop for a table as big as yours So I am just building a 5 X 5 table for now. What part of MO are you in? I am in independence (close to kansas city) and am a total newbie to CNC, I have been reading the forums and everything I can get my hands on before I start assembling this thing...LOL...... Also I am unsure if I should build my controler or just buy the dragoncut from candCNC....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in Columbia, MO.

Now that I have this running, I think the amount of troubleshooting and sheer lack of infromation out there to get super specific for setting up and dialing in your machine - I would go with the DragonCut. Its not worth the heartache and months of troubles. I looked at a user manual for the dragonCut on their site and was Blown AWAY at how much infromation comes with it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Neil,
    what size is your IGUS chain? and where did you get it from?
    thanks
    Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doug,

I will measure it tonight. I believe I can just get you the model number off it and you could find it. Its works prefect!

I bought it in a large length off Ebay, then sourced the ends from the manufactorers representative, using the model nuber off my chain.

I'll post up soon!

Thanks,

Neil

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nacs Fab View Post
    Doug,

I will measure it tonight. I believe I can just get you the model number off it and you could find it. Its works prefect!

I bought it in a large length off Ebay, then sourced the ends from the manufactorers representative, using the model nuber off my chain.

I'll post up soon!

Thanks,

Neil
    Thanks,
    I have started to cut steel for welding up my table while waiting on parts to come in, It will be a little diffren't than others I have seen posted here. (only reason is I am going to use some Steel I already have in stock) My table rails showed up yesterday from "PBC Linear" But they said they have not even Run the IVTAAG Rail yet, And I am waiting on Mcmasters also, But atleast I can get started. I wanted to start a build thread on here but am not sure how to start a new thread, I can reply to threads But I do not see a option to start a new one. Anyhow Any helpful info You are willing to pass my way is much appreciated. such as Suppliers, do's, don'ts things you would have done diffren't etc.

Doug

Downloads
    Uploads

If you look at the very top of this page, you see the directory listings from the main forum down to this thread. Back up one link and you should be able to post a New Thread.
    Plasma, EDM and other similar machine Project Log - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any update on the machine and any cuts made?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, i have been cutting for about a year now and things are working real good. Recently I had an issue with my THC so i keep it off till I have time to investigate the faults I am getting. I think I need to look over my wiring in the control box.

I will get some updated photos and info posted up soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Seems ashamed to use a bare bones hobby grade THC like the LCTHC (which I can say because it is my product ) versus the big step up in features and performance to the MP3000-DTHCII on a table that is obviously high quality. It brings all of the THC control and settings into the MACH screens and supports our DCC (Dynamic Cut Control) that brings a quantum jump in automation options to any plasma cutter. There is a single ribbon cable interface to the G540. The LCTHC rates very good against other MACH3 add-on THC's until you compare it against our own DTHCII (and just announced DTHC IV High Speed DTHC) . Here is a link to a features chart that may help clarify the differences.

One of the subtle but major differences is the MP3000 is an advanced BoB with "Port Expansion" so you have 9 opto isolated inputs from a single parallel port rather than the 5 (four when you count the E-Stop). The three required inputs for THC leave you with one input for ALL of the rest of your inputs. Limits on a stepper table are for show and not function. Homes are another story!

TOMcaudle
    www.Candcnc.com
    "Excellence in Engineering"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tom I completely agree with you on this. The LCTHC is very nice and worked great for me this year, but I want to cut corrugated real soon and Love the features of your new DTHC IV. Fully expect a purchase soon. I also want the hand controller you sell - nice stuff.

The issues I had earlier were not my LCTHC at all, in fact its always worked flawless once I got everything set correctly. I found I was having the sparratic faults and issues, due to motor noise. I havent done it yet, but I am going to run stranded ground wires from every motor plate, gantry, rails, and table all out to a 8' long 5/8" copper ground rod driven into the ground near my machine. These will be individual grounds ran to the rod, not daisy chained.

I will get this post updated real soon, as I'd like to document some things I have found out during my year of cutting with the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4x6 Plasmabot 3.0 Build with Keling Controller & CandCNC LCTHC & Powermax 1250

Nacs Fab - I'd really be interested to see photos of your completed setup. I'm brand new here and have spent most of the day reading up on people's DIY tables...yours definitely stands out and I plan to do a very similar build.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4x6 Plasmabot 3.0 Build with Keling Controller & CandCNC LCTHC & Powermax 1250

I'll try to get some new pics updated here soon. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12