Water Table Antifreeze

Thread: Water Table Antifreeze

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Water Table Antifreeze

Anyone know of anything that can be added to the water to keep it from freezing? Ive searched high and low on google and the best I found was using heaters in it but that can get pretty expensive... Does the DIY formula floating around here using the Sodium Nitrite and Physan 20 keep the water from freezing or does the washing soda formula do anything? I know there are some concerns about using car antifreeze also...

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats flammable and the concentration required to get to where I would be safe in winter is 46% DOWFROST...

Downloads
    Uploads

Why don't you test a small amount to see if it is flammable at 46%.

Or alternatively go with a lower percentage because it should not matter if the mixture starts to freeze and turns slushy. The effect of any antifreeze is to prevent freezing at a single temperature, the mixture turns into an icy slush first with ice crystals dispersed in the remaining mixture which becomes more and more concentrated as more ice forms. In a circulating system such as a heat exchanger which is what Dowfrost is commonly used for it is necessary to have the concentration high enough to prevent even partial freezing.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.