Compressors, Rotary questions for DIY build

Thread: Compressors, Rotary questions for DIY build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Compressors, Rotary questions for DIY build

So I am looking to do a home build of a 4x4 (most likely a PP LLC with CandCNC elec.), I will be doing mostly lighter gauge steel with 1/4" max here and there, so I am leaning toward a PM45.

With that said this will be in a home garage and I hope to keep noise limited and my only experience with air compressors is running a 80gal using sanders and other air tools.

What kind of air setups are you running? Did you go higher volume tank (60 vs 80)? What brand? What kind of DBA's are you getting? Run time frequency during cutting?

My other question is about rotary setups. I am going to use the search but I know some people save links to good builds, anybody put one on their PP LLC machine, or seen a good solution?

Thanks in advance for any help...off to do some searching

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Compressors, Rotary questions for DIY build

Not a direct answer to your question, but consider NOT putting the compressor in your shop. A small garden shed or lean to building on the outside of your shop can hold the compressor (and dryer if you so choose) and keep the noise elsewhere.

You might want to watch this as well. Jim Colt did some videos on youtube, this one is about compressors.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Compressors, Rotary questions for DIY build

Thanks, this is the kind of guidance I was looking for. Unfortunately it must fit inside the space because of my space constraints, I would prefer it outside, but maybe at the next home haha.