Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d edge finder

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3d edge finder

Hello Forum.

Now i finished build my edgefinder.
    But i`m missing the menue messuring edge out (x y) and messuring egde in (x y) and messuring center.

How to are this functions not include?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3d edge finder

A big AGREE from me too! This needs to be remedied as soon as possible.

TNG users, please add your post to this. We might get some action

Downloads
    Uploads

Everything you need to do measurings in implemented in TNG. Probe commands (G38.2), normal, global and named parameters, all needed math functions, UI helpers, custom scripts,...
    Almost all program menus are fully customizable and new functions are easily added. What is needed is a tutorial how to do all this.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am surprised. - When can we have a user friendly macro/wizard to make it practical to use? I am unlikely to have the time or indeed the ability to make my own.

Please expedite this as soon as possible. It has to be a feature which will enhance your PlanetCNC sales. This and other features that I have had to "discover" are not presented in your commercial material. ( Please also finish the Thread Milling Wizard)

I love your system. After many years of using Mach3 (I still have three other machines using it, for educated comparison) I would use the PlanetCNC router every time. But these little finishing touches are frustrating, when it is all that is needed to perfect your controls.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with you. Those little things need to be done. And they will be.

Downloads
    Uploads

With respect. Where is this in your priority list. Will you give an estimate please.
    I have decisions to make based on being able to X,Y, digitise.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I`m sad cause of this. Like Eatonbrayer wrote, this issue have to fix with highest priority because i`m sure that other user need the functions too.
    I dont`t understand why this tools are aviable in old version and in thr new not.
    An other thing ist the toolchange in TNG.
    When ever i start a gcode, TNG tell me about M6 Toolchange script to write.
    Sorry but i`m not a programmwriter.

@ Eatobrayer:
    I`m not able to write a programm / script or something else to use some functions.
    I think about return to old version till TNG is not longer beta.

Downloads
    Uploads

PCSM-CNC - Yes I bought my system last year based on the ability of the old software. - It feels like we have been short changed with an incomplete TNG.
    So let`s hope some others will pitch in and perhaps we will get something done??.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought it 2 years ago and i was very pleased with old version. I only changed while TNG optical is more up to date.
    Maybee Planet CNC can tell us when TNG final with all functions and more easy to configure will appear.

I`m sure that Planet CNC can create a fantastic version of TNG. They made a great "old" version so that i hope that the TNG will be gread again...

@ Planet CNC:
    You see your customer needs a great and easy to use TNG. So then go go go!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Current TNG beta version uses g-code interpreter from old software.
    Our goal is to make new interpreter that will use g-code dialect compatible with LinuxCNC, Mach and Fanuc. We also made our own language which uses EMCA script syntax and allows access to internal object model from g-code.
    This is huge task and we are 3 months behind schedule.

I could add these measuring scripts in few minutes. Unfortunately even if I do, it will be no use to you because new version can not be published until interpreter changes mentioned above are made.

That is why "User Defined" script is only option until then. I'll create an example bit later.

TNG beta can do everything old software could (except SD card) and much more but not everything is in plain sight. Thread Milling Wizard? Try menu Machine/UserDefined/Thread.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok i understand.
    Maybee it is possible to help by myself if there is a manual and / or a how to... for easy making some functions working till TNG is in a finish version.

First use of TNG i was very suprised that many functions are working different to old version. I thougt i easy change to TNG and everything fits and i can work like before...
    Is there a date when final comes out? Or better return to old version?

Is it possible to show how long mashine needs to end programm? In old version there was a time on right bottom.

Downloads
    Uploads

TNG is totally different from old sw and final version will not be much different that current beta.
    In order to configure tool change you will need to create M6 script. But we will mage some example scripts and tutorials.
    Total time needed to run a program is in parameter #<_file_totaltime>. Because g-code can now be interactive and dynamic it is impossible to calculate time to end but it most cases you can use #<_file_linecount> and #<_line> to estimate current position.

Here are tutorials how to display these parameters on screen:
    https://planet-cnc.com/create-custom...-tng-software/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I´m looking forward for the tutorials to create M6 script.
    Hope it will appear soon

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been looking at thread Milling for some time. But do not understand how to use it? How about a short tutorial?

Downloads
    Uploads

Threads are usually made with lathe. On lathe spindle needs to have good speed sensor. Usually 100 PPR encoder is used. On mill this is more complex and depends on what kind of thread do you want. Special tools are also needed. I believe this topic is well beyond this forum.
    Here is one example:

Downloads
    Uploads

I am familiar with and a fairly regular exponent of, thread milling. - My question was simply how to make sense of your wizard.

Downloads
    Uploads

"threadind wizard" is just UI for G76 threading cycle. I keep forgetting all options that G76 has so I made this little helper.
    G Codes

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the information.
    In spite of rarely writing my own programmes I will certainly persevere with a study of this until I can.
    I know it is not your responsibility, but if you would help further, I would like to know, is G76 normally used for vertical thread milling? If so, will it work with an unsynchronized spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

In our interpretation threading always means synchronized spindle. This is because cycles named "threading" always use synchronized spindle.
    On vertical mill you can make threads with unsynchronized spindle using helical arcs. In video posted above they do it this way.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would just ask for more detailed description of edge finder feature.

Is it meant to set Working position XY=0 at the exact edge of workpiece?
    Should it also consider the rotation of workpiece and thus appropriately rotate the coordinate system and therefore toolpath?

Features would be?:

Measure angle outside
    Measure angle inside
    Measure hole center
    Measure cylinder center?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast